Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Rear end damage

Reactions
STOP! I think you have missed the details in my earlier posts. The MB5Z-5035-E is the latest version of the 4-bolt subframe for all applications that require 4-bolts. I have the correct 4-bolt part, that I ordered through TascaParts.com, sitting here (well, outside under my RV). Order the MB5Z-5035-E as it is the correct 4-bolt part. Note it took a long while to get it, so you won’t find one with persistence. Just order and wait…
STOP! I think you have missed the details in my earlier posts. The MB5Z-5035-E is the latest version of the 4-bolt subframe for all applications that require 4-bolts. I have the correct 4-bolt part, that I ordered through TascaParts.com, sitting here (well, outside under my RV). Order the MB5Z-5035-E as it is the correct 4-bolt part. Note it took a long while to get it, so you won’t find one with persistence. Just order and wait…
Well, not yet for the MY2021. The Ford parts web sites only list accessories for 2021, so we’ll have to wait until they update (if ever!) before you can search all parts by vin. You can call the dealer parts Dept and ask them to look it up for you though…

Reactions
So……..will Ford be making future STs with this part or are they just for replacement or purchase by the lucky ones that have to shell out$$ to make their vehicles correct?

FORZDA3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
So……..will Ford be making future STs with this part or are they just for replacement or purchase by the lucky ones that have to shell out$$ to make their vehicles correct?
Can’t say for sure if/when Ford will use the MB5Z-5035-E on the assembly line like they should, but it’s what you get if ordered through the Ford parts systems. AFAIK, they’re no real differences in the MB5Z-5035-A & -E.

I think it’s Fords way of fixing their system. The Ford parts system may have listed them as interchangeable initially as technically they fit correctly. They always move forward with changes/fixes, never backwards.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Rapid Red ST
The Explorer Hybrid has 318 HP and 322 lb-ft torque. The Aviator Hybrid has 494 HP and 630 lb-ft torque. Considerably more than the Explorer.

Reactions
Wondering which part is on the vehicles at the S/T Experience? We will be going to Asheville, but not until May. If someone here goes sooner, maybe you can take a look? I am guessing the 4 Bolt.

Redrocket

Reactions
Hey guys just want to chime in here I have a 21 st with the lms stage 4 tune, whipple ic, jlt catch can, and an mrbp cat back. Car came with the 1/3 subframe, in December it failed. Dealer had the car the entire month of December due to back order on parts but they did replace it with the 2/4 subframe under warranty stating it was a mis manufacture.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Thanks for that tidbit of info. Glad you got it taken care of!

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Hey guys just want to chime in here I have a 21 st with the lms stage 4 tune, whipple ic, jlt catch can, and an mrbp cat back. Car came with the 1/3 subframe, in December it failed. Dealer had the car the entire month of December due to back order on parts but they did replace it with the 2/4 subframe under warranty stating it was a mis manufacture.
Curious, did they ever comment on the tunes and modifications you had done? But yeah, glad they’re addressed it. So that’s an admission that the 3 bolt is wrong.

Redrocket

Reactions
Curious, did they ever comment on the tunes and modifications you had done? But yeah, glad they’re addressed it. So that’s an admission that the 3 bolt is wrong.
No never commented on my mods. I did reflash to the stock tune before it went in however…. Even tho I’m sure they could still see it was tuned prior

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Good to hear the dealer said is was a mis build. That might help others to get the part replaced with the correct one.

Reactions
Wondering which part is on the vehicles at the S/T Experience? We will be going to Asheville, but not until May. If someone here goes sooner, maybe you can take a look? I am guessing the 4 Bolt.
The vehicles at the ST Experience we’re all 2020s,
and yes they have the 4 bolts.

Travis

Reactions
This is great news, curious-which dealer did you have this experience with?

FORZDA3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
The overwhelming problem I see is that it must fail before Ford will fix it. The folks who go in to Ford dealer because they know they have the wrong subframe seem to be blown off.

I still need the B/U camera software update (it’s obviously a temperature-limit related problem because mine only blanks out in cold weather).

I will identify the “mis-build” to my local Ford dealer and see wtf they will do. Even if they agree to do the work, I’m not letting them unless I’m impressed with the “Technician” assigned the job. I already have the part, so I’ll do it myself if the tech is a goon.

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
It would be nice if we could hear from someone who actually works at Chicago assembly and get the real reason why this change was made. Was it done because of the bean counters or a supply issue?

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
I just bought a used 2020 ST and while at the dealer I peeked under 2 brand new 2021s. Both were 2/4 subframes.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Car came with the 1/3 subframe, in December it failed. Dealer had the car the entire month of December due to back order on parts but they did replace it with the 2/4 subframe under warranty stating it was a mis manufacture.
If you can, can you post the work order that they gave you? I'm curious about their wording for this as a mis-build.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I just bought a used 2020 ST and while at the dealer I peeked under 2 brand new 2021s. Both were 2/4 subframes.
That's interesting. I've not seen anyone with a MY2021 or 2022 built after 12/2020 say they have a 4 bolt. It would be nice if there were some out there. I think it would support that 3 bolts were mis-builds and not a running change.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Just FYI I was at the Cincinnati New Car Expo today Ford didn't have any ST's on display. However they did have a couple of Timberline Explorers there. I checked them and they all had the three bolt rear sub frames.