Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Rattle noise on bumps.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I have an interior rattle that only happens on bumps/pot holes. I have quickly gone threw the ST twice looking for it but no dice.

I know everyone says these Explorers rattle like crazy but this is new, and driving me nuts.

22 - 9k miles.

Are there any known interior areas that are known to rattle? Sounds like its coming from behind that passanger.

Thanks.

BBGun242

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer
I've had window tracks loosen, the dumb under body clips that hold up the splash guards, how far back in the tracks I set the second row, the passenger belt buckle rubbing on the leather, and recently the doors have started squeaking with a cross wind.

22 - 65k miles.

hbalek

Reactions
On mine both undercarriage covers on both sides rattle but make different noises at high speeds and low speeds over bumps. The driver side makes a low pitch rattling sound and the passenger side recently started making a high pitched squeaking sound. I confirmed this by looking under the car and pushing the loose cover up and it makes the same exact noise!

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I have an interior rattle that only happens on bumps/pot holes. I have quickly gone threw the ST twice looking for it but no dice.

I know everyone says these Explorers rattle like crazy but this is new, and driving me nuts.

22 - 9k miles.

Are there any known interior areas that are known to rattle? Sounds like its coming from behind that passanger.

Thanks.
Try checking the rear corners under the bumper, my parking sensor connectors were rattling, and the class 4 hitch connector.

1711017676458.png
Driver side rear parking sensor under the bumper

1711017722399.png
Class 4 Hitch connector under the bumper.

hbalek

Reactions
I love/hate this thing! I've never owned a vehicle like this with extreme feelings! At just over 4 years and about 50K miles, the noises sound worse than most cars twice that age with twice the mileage. Hopefully the refreshed one is better put together and wins back people.

Last edited:
OP
M
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #6
Thanks for the replys everyone. Im thinking it might be the sunroof/bar in middle.

Worked a 12hr day so will get it a better once over tomorrow.

Cheers!

Explorer ST Posts