Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ran the ST pretty hard today.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
There’s a local group called Speed Advocates that I spend some weekends running with. We did a ~150 mile run today on some really good, twisty backroads...in Mexico of course. The ST performed flawlessly and I had quite a few people asking what in the hell it was. One guy with a Roush Mustang has a white ST and said he’d be bringing his on the next cruise after he followed me for a while and saw how well it took to the turns. The H&R springs and lightweight wheels helped a lot I’m sure but this little SUV surprised a lot of people today.
Now it’s time to get some power in it. It really starts showing the limitations of the factory intercooler when running up to 120+ speeds in 90 degree heat...but that’ll be fixed soon enough. C1224F27-EC9C-4F24-813E-19B36ACD5699.jpeg 4382E370-6009-4218-B0AC-9976EE2B4D93.jpeg

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Great looking group of cars. No video from Mexico?;)

Reactions
Which intercooler are you considering?

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Sounds like it was a blast!

Reactions
I honestly feel like the heat soak comes on pretty quickly on a hot day even if you aren't driving hard. The intercooler is on my short list also.

Reactions
Man I used to get into all kinds of antics in Mexico with my WS6. :ROFLMAO: