Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Quickjack on sale at Costco

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Just an FYI quickjacks are on sale at Costco. I have been using one in Florida. While not a full lift, they are very nice if you are tight for space and want a reasonably cheap way to easily get your car in the air.

Quickjack

Last edited:
Reactions
Thanks! I’ve been waiting for a sale on those. Costco didn’t have the newer models (4” higher) last time I checked. If they do, I’m on it.

Reactions
Just an FYI quickjacks are on sale at Costco. I have been using one in Florida. While not a full lift, they are very nice if you are tight for space and want a reasonably cheap way to easily get your car in the air.

Quickjack
What size QJ do you have? Do you think the 5000 is sufficient or do you think 7000 to be a bit more stout?

OP
C

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
What size QJ do you have? Do you think the 5000 is sufficient or do you think 7000 to be a bit more stout?
I have the 5000 for a 66 Mustang in Florida. I just bought the 7000 bundle just for the extra insurance. It's not like a two post lift regarding construction. While I don't worry about my 3,000lb Mustang on it, not sure I would feel great about a 4500lb Explorer on it.

Reactions
I have the 5000 for a 66 Mustang in Florida. I just bought the 7000 bundle just for the extra insurance. It's not like a two post lift regarding construction. While I don't worry about my 3,000lb Mustang on it, not sure I would feel great about a 4500lb Explorer on it.
That’s what I was thinking too; extra insurance. So the TL is long enough for the ST and doesn’t need the TLX? I should just go measure the lifting points and wheel base LOL! Costco doesn’t have the longer “X” model.

OP
C

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
Pinch welds where I use rubber blocks should be close enough for the standard model. I'll find out soon enough.