Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Pure700 Turbo Install!

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
You gotta feel pretty dam good about hellcat power. I cant wait for you to tell us the story of the 1st hellcat durango that thought he was going to eat your lunch and you gapped him while your kids ate popsicles in the back seat haha
For real. Especially considering 1) @Kruppa 's numbers are conservative, 2) the drivetrain losses on the Trackhawk have been shown to be higher than those on the ST AND 3) the Trackhawk has 500lbs more to huff around... it would be a VERY entertaining match to watch.

Reactions
For real. Especially considering 1) @Kruppa 's numbers are conservative, 2) the drivetrain losses on the Trackhawk have been shown to be higher than those on the ST AND 3) the Trackhawk has 500lbs more to huff around... it would be a VERY entertaining match to watch.
68501A14-A198-4136-B195-30E888DB53AB.jpeg

Just for giggles - my friends bone stock Trackhawk. He’s an excellent driver and owned a bunch of fast cars. Kruppa’s got a stock Trackhawk covered IMHO.....

OP
K
Reactions
Thread Starter #45
You gotta feel pretty dam good about hellcat power. I cant wait for you to tell us the story of the 1st hellcat durango that thought he was going to eat your lunch and you gapped him while your kids ate popsicles in the back seat haha
hahah no hellcat yet but lots of other people who were quite shocked after a heavy loss

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Yep, they're heavier than an ST, but 11.40s stock is extremely impressive. I'm no TH expert, and I love my ST, but a modified ST is never going to be faster than a modded Trackhawk. Hard to make up for an extra 3.2 liters of mass airflow.

OP
K
Reactions
Thread Starter #47
Yep, they're heavier than an ST, but 11.40s stock is extremely impressive. I'm no TH expert, and I love my ST, but a modified ST is never going to be faster than a modded Trackhawk. Hard to make up for an extra 3.2 liters of mass airflow.
equally modded yes I agree but heavily modded Explorer can run high 10s 1/4 mile which could take TH on the lighter/medium modded side

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
equally modded yes I agree but heavily modded Explorer can run high 10s 1/4 mile which could take TH on the lighter/medium modded side
You're certainly right, and given the price difference I'd take the ST over the Trackhawk any day.

Reactions
Dont forget to add another 2.4L with the blower lol! Agreed on this and the price difference comment too. Either way, Ford left ample headroom on the table (even when skimping out with the 10R60 vs. 10R80) to have fun and hang with most cars/trucks with light-to-moderate mods. There will always be someone faster. . . . as long as you're having fun. . . .who cares?

BTW -- literally no difference between a TH and Hellcat except one is more usable on street (TH with AWD/drivetrain) and the other is faster when done properly (Hellcat because it weighs 800-900lbs less) -- same motor/blower/tranny/crappy flying brick aerodynamics. THs also come with dual fuel pumps from the factory which is nice. Either way, properly pullied/bolt-on'd = 800 | 900 | 950+ WHP depending on type of gas on a stock blower.

Reactions
Depends how big of a turbo you put on..:p but yes, the trackhawk is definitely built to be a beast from the factory, although turbos would've been a better way to go.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Has anyone hit the 700awhp mark yet with the ST?

Reactions
Vehicle
N/A
@Kruppa , do you still have the stock transmission or did it give up at those power levels?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer Platinum
Did you have that done locally? Do you know what they beefed up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think many have gone the Level 10 route. I've checked with a few local shops and there are different clutch packs, etc. that they say will bulletproof/increase the strength of the tranny. I've not delved deeply enough into this yet to know even enough to be dangerous. I'm sure someone could jump in to educate us.
I tend to over do things and true to form will compare the cost/power of building up the 10r60 vs going over to a 10r80. If I ever get my Explorer back I'll be taking it by a local tranny shop for measurements, etc. to better understand what modifications will be required.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
I think many have gone the Level 10 route. I've checked with a few local shops and there are different clutch packs, etc. that they say will bulletproof/increase the strength of the tranny. I've not delved deeply enough into this yet to know even enough to be dangerous. I'm sure someone could jump in to educate us.
I tend to over do things and true to form will compare the cost/power of building up the 10r60 vs going over to a 10r80. If I ever get my Explorer back I'll be taking it by a local tranny shop for measurements, etc. to better understand what modifications will be required.
Did you ever get your trans modified? If so, what did you do?

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Did you ever get your trans modified? If so, what did you do?
PlatinumST decided to move onto another platform. So he never modified his trans. Look up his build thread for more info.