Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

P3 Gauge Didn’t Cut Anything

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
C2A26A12-BAD8-474A-B172-A22929FCB1CA.png

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
You really don’t have to cut anything. Just pop the vent out…separate it…pop out the 2 bottom slats and sand a spot thick enough to pass the ribbon cable through. When you put the vent back together put a bit of double sided tape on the back side and it’s a press fit after that. Doing it right looks much better.

CECE8B50-BC98-4793-9246-D873CC15276D.jpeg

OP
JVPrevite
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
didn’t even need to sand the cable passed through just fine. If you have the carbon fiber overlay it snugs right it

OP
JVPrevite
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #4
You really don’t have to cut anything. Just pop the vent out…separate it…pop out the 2 bottom slats and sand a spot thick enough to pass the ribbon cable through. When you put the vent back together put a bit of double sided tape on the back side and it’s a press fit after that. Doing it right looks much better.

View attachment 13538
Also funny cause you told me to cut as well as reading the thread about you using a dremel to cut it………

Reactions
Which diy kit did you order?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Also funny cause you told me to cut as well as reading the thread about you using a dremel to cut it………
I used a Dremel to cut the universal gauge…not the vent. The gauge goes inside the vent…not on the outside.

OP
JVPrevite
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #8
Great, I found a different way without taking apart my vent. And i didn’t have to cut anything

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Cool but there’s 2 ways to mod a vehicle…the right way and the half ass way. Enjoy.

OP
JVPrevite
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #10
Lol ur a real piece of shit you know that. I hope we never meet

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I’m a piece of shit because I do things right? Sweet…I can live with that.
And considering we probably live nowhere near each other I’m sure your wish will come true…but if you’re in Houston ya never know. lol

OP
JVPrevite
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #12
From the first comment you ever left i knew you were a prick. Which is why i posted this to show you you don’t have to cut shit, abd ur not the only one. Get over yourself. Your sticker on the rear end is lame as shit btw

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
You should be mad at yourself for that “install”…not mad at me. lol
All I did was tell you how to do it right without cutting anything on the car.

Last edited:

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Pics above prove this! LIghten up JV, looks like this thread was created just to start an argument.
I couldn't agree more. All of the helpful posts Unbroken has made and to be calling him names. Just plain ridiculous.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I couldn't agree more. All of the helpful posts Unbroken has made and to be calling him names. Just plain ridiculous.
Oh I can be an asshole…but I like to do things as correctly as possible.
I still don’t know why my sticker is lame. lol
Speed Advocates is a great group in my area…I’m proud to be a part of that group.

Last edited:

Pittsburgh.ST

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Try to ignore Unbroken and his girlfriends JV. I was only here for a week and realized what a ignorant douche he is on some of his posts. He is a pompous know it all ass. Not to be critical. What his worshippers on here don't realize is how many potential members he chases away. Unfortunately every car forum I have ever been on has at least one just like him. I suggest you do what I and many others have done and block him.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Try to ignore Unbroken and his girlfriends JV. I was only here for a week and realized what a ignorant douche he is on some of his posts. He is a pompous know it all ass. Not to be critical. What his worshippers on here don't realize is how many potential members he chases away. Unfortunately every car forum I have ever been on has at least one just like him. I suggest you do what I and many others have done and block him.
If you have me blocked how do you know what I said? lol
Listen crybaby…if you wanna hack your shit up I couldn’t care less…and I also don’t care if your feelings get hurt when I show people the right way to do something. This guys install is ridiculous. He didn’t even cut off the metal tabs on the gauge that lock it in place. I never would have even posted a pic of that mess.
But hey…do your little hurt feeling insult thing if it makes you feel better you poor little baby.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Now children. :rolleyes:

Wholdy

Reactions
On a side note what part of PGH are you in so I can keep a look out for you?

Explorer ST Posts