Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Oil catch cans

LokiWolf

Reactions
Question; I’ve looked and can’t find a Ford performance catch can/oil separator anybody know if Ford‘s going to come out with there own product as they did with the GT 350?
Probably not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I can’t find the JLT catch can anymore. All links lead to a error page.
Has anyone tried the J&L catch can?

LokiWolf

Reactions

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions

20 Red ST

Reactions
Anyone ever use seafoam for this valve build up problem?

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
It's direct injection, so seafoam or any other fuel additive won't make any difference, other than keeping the injectors clean.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I think he's talking about seafoam through the intake.

I will probably use some type of intake cleaner every 30K or so. I have used the old GM top engine cleaner on many vehicles with good results but they don't make it anymore so looking for something else.

Reactions
I wish Ford would have made these 3.0’s with dual injection.

20 Red ST

Reactions
Correct. Through the throttle body. I have used it on other vehicles to dissolve build up on the valves. There is a utube video that shows how effective it is.

Reactions
Checked my catch can after 2 months and it was more then half full with 90% water. It has been about 1000 miles and 100 hours of run and idle time combined. It has be below zero here for 30 days on and off since mid December so I have about a 5-10 minutes idle time after auto start until I drive to or from work about 8 miles each way so doesn't get super warmed upped in this weather.
IMG_20220216_171358__01.jpg

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Checked my catch can after 2 months and it was more then half full with 90% water. It has been about 1000 miles and 100 hours of run and idle time combined. It has be below zero here for 30 days on and off since mid December so I have about a 5-10 minutes idle time after auto start until I drive to or from work about 8 miles each way so doesn't get super warmed upped in this weather.
View attachment 10210
I would say that is not surprising in cold temps and short drives not getting hot enough to boil off. Just think, that water could be going back into your engine :)

Reactions
I would say that is not surprising in cold temps and short drives not getting hot enough to boil off. Just think, that water could be going back into your engine :)[/QUOTE

Yep was very happy to see the catch can do its job

BProsser3

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST

BProsser3

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
(y)that worked. Thanks

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
^ Welcome to the game Mishi. I am sure it's a quality product, but not so sure what you mean by 'cleaner install' and 'more purpose-built', they look (and perform) almost exactly the same IMHO.

LokiWolf

Reactions
Reactions
So 8-10 weeks….HaHa. Love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Golly…my 18,000 mile engine has amazingly not fallen apart without one since then.