Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Oil catch cans

LokiWolf

Reactions
Golly…my 18,000 mile engine has amazingly not fallen apart without one since then.
Man your memory is short. You said a couple of weeks and made a big deal about having the inside tract. Several people had messages that said it would be 8-10 weeks. You insisted it would be sooner…and here we are 8-10 weeks later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Big deal, it is what it is. They fell short of their insistence that they’d ship earlier as I was told. Why do you care anyway? Some of us waited it out rather than put that JLT stuff on and will be fine.

Reactions
Reactions
Did you actually get a tracking number? I just bought one last week and today I got the out of stock email saying 8 to 10 weeks.
Yes. Via UPS.

Call them to find out if you have any questions, they are pretty friendly. That's all I did many weeks back. That e-mail you received may have been just generic.

tigerST

Reactions
I pre-ordered a Mishimoto kit back in November 2021. For some reason they sent me two invoices when I am guessing they were in-stock. Paid one of them, and I was told they are out of stock today. Asked when they will get more and they said they will get back with me. I am pretty confused what is happening at this point.

LokiWolf

Reactions
I pre-ordered a Mishimoto kit back in November 2021. For some reason they sent me two invoices when I am guessing they were in-stock. Paid one of them, and I was told they are out of stock today. Asked when they will get more and they said they will get back with me. I am pretty confused what is happening at this point.
Could have ordered a J&L(JLT), and had it installed before Christmas…here you are in March. Just saying…

LokiWolf

Reactions
Big deal, it is what it is. They fell short of their insistence that they’d ship earlier as I was told. Why do you care anyway? Some of us waited it out rather than put that JLT stuff on and will be fine.
Got any pics of the Mishimoto setup installed?

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Here's the accumulated catch from my catch can after ~10k miles. catch can 10k.jpeg

FORZDA3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Here's the accumulated catch from my catch can after ~10k miles…..
Where is it plumbed?
- Between PCV & Intake manifold?
- Or between valve cover vent and intake hose?
- Both?

Reactions
Which one has better filtration for catch can? This will be my first catch can install and don’t want any contaminates making it back through. I saw UPR have a complex filter but not much info..

what is filter difference between UPR, j&l, mishimoto?

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
They are simply just catch cans, no need to reinvent the wheel. They all basically do the same thing. Just pick the design you like most. I can tell you from my own experience, the JLT (now J&L) is a real simple install and requires no drilling or cutting and includes all the needed OEM style connectors. Also the JLT is the lowest priced unit out there.

Reactions
What about UPR “patent” filter any different? I understand that to truly catch the oil is PCV side and Vacuum side. Correct me if I missed understood.

what about mishimoto what’s the difference?
I see the oil lines look different from one another, like UPR claims a psi rating on the line from the manufacture testing it but what about others?

I had boost leaks from other builds just from boost gauge line not holding the pressure. Oh boy that was a fun day taking apart a Audi for a simple boost leak.