Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Oil Catch Can Thread

Reactions
If anyone sees a good kit please share it here.

TonyST

Reactions
JLT is waiting on an ST to do a kit fitment. I am waiting on theirs. They are up in Virginia.

Reactions
+1 I definitely need one too. I may be stationed in Virginia a year from now. Hopefully it doesn’t take them that long to figure it out

Reactions
Anyone know anything about upr, are they in development?

ricosuave

Reactions
I have one from JLT installed. Super easy switch out of exisiting to oil sep system.

Skeyler

Reactions
I'm installing my UPR kit tomorrow. ;):)

Skeyler

Reactions
I installed my UPR can today. It was a breeze and the can is polished aluminum and looks sharp.

I need help on removing the fitting for the clean side where the oil separator goes. It’s a different fitting than UPR shows in their video. Here’s a pic. Any idea on how to remove this? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Reactions
It’s an oil/air separator for the PCV system; reduces the amount of oil mist entering the intake. Theoretically, it keeps the intake valves from coking
on direct injection engines since there’s no fuel going through the port to wash the valves down.

Tony L

Reactions
It’s an oil/air separator for the PCV system; reduces the amount of oil mist entering the intake. Theoretically, it keeps the intake valves from coking
on direct injection engines since there’s no fuel going through the port to wash the valves down.
Is there a performance benefit?

Skeyler

Reactions
I installed my UPR can today. It was a breeze and the can is polished aluminum and looks sharp.

I need help on removing the fitting for the clean side where the oil separator goes. It’s a different fitting than UPR shows in their video. Here’s a pic. Any idea on how to remove this? Thanks in advance.
Anyone... Anyone?

Skeyler

Reactions
I’m going to call my dealer, and UPR on Tuesday. I’ll update this post after.

Reactions

Skeyler

Reactions
Reactions
Is there a performance benefit?
No performance benefit other than reducing performance loss due to build up on the intake valves. Consider it as preventative maintenance.

Last edited:
Reactions
Well... I guess I need to see which one mine has.

Just looked... same as pictures in the Facebook post above.

Last edited: