Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Oil Catch Can Thread

Reactions
Hey everyone, the new UPR website is up, and we are working out some bugs.
Here is the link to the UPR ST catch can kit. https://uprproducts.com/2020-explorer-st-ecoboost-3-0-dual-valve-catch-can-plug-n-play-with-ecss/
Here is the PDF for the install instructions. https://uprproducts.com/content/5030-249-ECSS.pdf It shows the Orange driver side PCV fitting removal. It takes a little patience and a 90 degree or hook pic to release the 3 tabs under the fitting.
5030-249-ECSS UPR Explorer ST ECSS Fitting Installation.jpg

If you have any questions, feel free to email me at steveb@uprproducts.com.

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST (Agate Black)
Here is the link to the UPR ST catch can kit. https://uprproducts.com/2020-explorer-st-ecoboost-3-0-dual-valve-catch-can-plug-n-play-with-ecss/
Here is the PDF for the install instructions. https://uprproducts.com/content/5030-249-ECSS.pdf It shows the Orange driver side PCV fitting removal. It takes a little patience and a 90 degree or hook pic to release the 3 tabs under the fitting.

Steve,

You're the man!! Thank you for taking the time to help me install my clean side separator last weekend !! I sent you some pictures as well as a video via text... UPR hands down has the best catch can available for this vehicle folks!! I hope everyone thats in the market strongly considers them. Their quality and craftsmanship stands them apart from the rest.

~ Gabe

DKOV

Reactions
I'm looking at installing the UPR Catch Can as well. Since that tube has to be drilled and tapped for the wide open throttle fitting, I'm curious if anyone has had issues with this voiding the engine warranties? That's really the only non removable piece of the catch can if I need to remove it to take it into the dealer. Anyone else had that thought?
Thanks!

Reactions
I'm looking at installing the UPR Catch Can as well. Since that tube has to be drilled and tapped for the wide open throttle fitting, I'm curious if anyone has had issues with this voiding the engine warranties? That's really the only non removable piece of the catch can if I need to remove it to take it into the dealer. Anyone else had that thought?
Thanks!
You won’t get denied a warranty claim for a catch can if it’s installed correctly and it’s really hard to NOT install it correctly. I’ve ran catch cans in all my high performance motors and never even got questioned. I’ll probably put the UPR in my ST since they’ve got one all set up for it. A bit pricey but it is good quality.

Reactions
UPR has since updated there website to speak about the "Rare" orange connector that some vehicles have. It's not that hard to take it off. I've ordered my UPR for the ST and am awaiting it's arrival. From the reviews I've read on line and research I've done, UPR seems to be about the nicest you can get with the best technology as well. $600 isn't cheap, but if its preventative maintenance, we shall hope it helps in the long run.

Skeyler

Reactions
View attachment 469

I've got 2 hours into this and I've given up> I'm ordering the replacement hose and i'm bustin this one off as soon as the new one arrives. Simply ridiculous

Reactions
I Have a discount code for UPR products that will be in my YOUTUBE video. please wait until i post the video. it will save all of you some cash.

Reactions
JLT is waiting on an ST to do a kit fitment. I am waiting on theirs. They are up in Virginia.
I ordered the JLT today! Said it would ship to me within 2-3 days.

LokiWolf

Reactions
I ordered the JLT today! Said it would ship to me within 2-3 days.
It is a great kit, and VERY easy to install. First mod after I bought mine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions
I've got 2 hours into this and I've given up> I'm ordering the replacement hose and i'm bustin this one off as soon as the new one arrives. Simply ridiculous
I just threw my UPR Catch Can in this weekend. I had everything but the clean side separator done and zip-tied in under 30 minutes. Then spent at least an hour, on two separate occasions, trying to get that orange fitting off. I tried using a pick, using a fuel line release tool, making my own tool out of a hose clamp (slimmer than the fuel line release, so that I could slide it in like a shim), and nothing would work with that tamper resistant fitting. I finally just pried it off and cut the plastic tube off. I cannibalized the slightly longer, curved tube I removed from the valve cover and intake, and used some rubber hose and clamps to secure a blue fitting in the orange one’s place.

Attachments

Reactions
Aha hahahahahahahaha so I wasn’t the only one!!!!!!!! I destroyed the orange clip. I ended up removing one the the blue clips and using it In place of the orange clip. I remember thinking what a butcher I was
That’s funny

Reactions
Yep, me too. I’ve attempted getting that orange clip off twice with no luck. I’d like to know what prompted Ford to put that tamper proof connector on there in the first place. It’s just part of the PCV system so why not put it on all the connections then. Weird. I’ll get it off. I just don’t want broken plastic falling down into that valve cover.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Random, is UPR the only way to get a driver-side "catch Can" setup? JLT is passenger only or does the driver side really not need one?

Reactions
Random, is UPR the only way to get a driver-side "catch Can" setup? JLT is passenger only or does the driver side really not need one?
You’re joking, right?