Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Novice wheel question…

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I already posted one just like you did. You can relax now…I’m off work so I have better things to do. lol

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Figured so. I am done with this. here is my last parting word "Levels"

sorry anyone that is reading this I got caught up and I am acting like a child I am seriously sorry to the OP. good luck with you wheel choice I am no expert but if there is anything I can help with I will. we are supposed to share and help each other I got suckered in to this BS and am acting like a D trust me that is not me normally at least.

OP
DudeMasterson
Reactions
Thread Starter #44
Check out those ADV.1’s though…they’re sweet, right!? Ti center caps and fasteners even!
You’re not the only one that’s had a truck at SEMA….this was there a few years back. lol View attachment 12638
Just came across this little pic of yours. How did you like those rotoras? Considering them for my ST. Pretty sure you are running Brembos on yours. Also, I’m gonna do both breaks and wheel. Does it matter to do them together or in a particular order? I’m thinking break kit first, then wheels.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Just came across this little pic of yours. How did you like those rotoras? Considering them for my ST. Pretty sure you are running Brembos on yours. Also, I’m gonna do both breaks and wheel. Does it matter to do them together or in a particular order? I’m thinking break kit first, then wheels.
You’ll wanna make sure your wheels fit any big brake kit…check for clearance issues for sure.
As for the Rotoras…loved them. I actually sent the guy that got the first ST Rotoras to Loren there to develop the kit for these. I plan to switch to them soon myself.

OP
DudeMasterson
Reactions
Thread Starter #46
You’ll wanna make sure your wheels fit any big brake kit…check for clearance issues for sure.
As for the Rotoras…loved them. I actually sent the guy that got the first ST Rotoras to Loren there to develop the kit for these. I plan to switch to them soon myself.
Thanks again. Don’t mind if I have another question or 2 before I pull the trigger.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
This thread got interesting real quick, I love it.
OP have you thought about going with a 23” wheel? Which wheels are you looking at now?

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
This thread got interesting real quick, I love it.
OP have you thought about going with a 23” wheel? Which wheels are you looking at now?
Yup that’s what I suggested also a 23” I have not seen it yet. I did see 24s and they were a hair to big for my taste but 23 might be perfect

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Yup that’s what I suggested also a 23” I have not seen it yet. I did see 24s and they were a hair to big for my taste but 23 might be perfect
I think a 23” wheel would look great. I just don’t think they’re any good tire sizes for that size wheel. I think a 295/35/23 is the only option before getting into rubber bands on the wheels.

OP
DudeMasterson
Reactions
Thread Starter #50
This is where I’m at so far…. I like the looks of these…
I don’t see anything about the weight of each…

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Those Forglines are very nice. I was also eyeballing those Vossen HF-2’s also.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Are you going concave or flat? I’m a fan of concave.
i wouldn’t worry to much about weight. The Explorer is a brick I think around 5k pounds. it’s gonna take more then wheels to make a difference.
what color is your ST and what color wheels you going with?

OP
DudeMasterson
Reactions
Thread Starter #53
Are you going concave or flat? I’m a fan of concave.
i wouldn’t worry to much about weight. The Explorer is a brick I think around 5k pounds. it’s gonna take more then wheels to make a difference.
what color is your ST and what color wheels you going with?
It’s agate black. I wouldn’t mind some red in the wheels. Which is why this thread started.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
It’s agate black. I wouldn’t mind some red in the wheels. Which is why this thread started.
Like the whole wheel red? I played with the thought of anodized red wheels on my white TrackHawk. I have a photo shopped picture somewhere it looked ok at best IMO.

Vossen has red emblem in center and you can customize fasteners ect to your liking. Most wheel company’s you can do this. some of the bigger more high end wheels you can customize anything paint windows ect. This is where you will see what I’m talking about with fit and finish.
I like your not just buying wheels off the shelf your really getting into it being patient for the right wheel. I can’t wait to see what you do.
im not putting wheels on this one so I can live through you for this one lol.

Reactions
If I had a choice all over again I would do the superforged lightening wheel but in 24x10 +25 with 285/35/24 tires. But I'm happy with my current 24's just waiting on my lowering spring which have been on backorder for 3 months now... :(

below is:
• 100% forged construction
• 22x10.5”with a +30 offset
• Finish is “Brushed Bronze Matte”
Production & Pricing (summer 2022)
• $4300 for our 22” forged monoblock
• Lead-time: 25-30 days
• Ship-time: 8-14 days avg.
• Yes, shipping is included!

287189106_192104746481667_5189397536518978571_n.jpeg 287255770_192104749815000_4575720737950855116_n.jpeg 287623812_192104383148370_2695392457394930458_n.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions
These are my current wheels btw:
Niche M224 24x10 +35 with 285/35/24 tires. As you can see you can still have plenty of sidewall with a 24" wheel.

2022-06-14 18.07.24.jpg

OP
DudeMasterson
Reactions
Thread Starter #57
Like the whole wheel red? I played with the thought of anodized red wheels on my white TrackHawk. I have a photo shopped picture somewhere it looked ok at best IMO.

Vossen has red emblem in center and you can customize fasteners ect to your liking. Most wheel company’s you can do this. some of the bigger more high end wheels you can customize anything paint windows ect. This is where you will see what I’m talking about with fit and finish.
I like your not just buying wheels off the shelf your really getting into it being patient for the right wheel. I can’t wait to see what you do.
im not putting wheels on this one so I can live through you for this one lol.
Not all red, just a little . But I’ve pretty much figured at this point it’s all black. Maybe I’ll just get the red lettering inserts. That will give me the Amount of red I’m looking for.

OP
DudeMasterson
Reactions
Thread Starter #58
These are my current wheels btw:
Niche M224 24x10 +35 with 285/35/24 tires. As you can see you can still have plenty of sidewall with a 24" wheel.

View attachment 12942
Is your st dropped ?

OP
DudeMasterson
Reactions
Thread Starter #59
If I had a choice all over again I would do the superforged lightening wheel but in 24x10 +25 with 285/35/24 tires. But I'm happy with my current 24's just waiting on my lowering spring which have been on backorder for 3 months now... :(

below is:
• 100% forged construction
• 22x10.5”with a +30 offset
• Finish is “Brushed Bronze Matte”
Production & Pricing (summer 2022)
• $4300 for our 22” forged monoblock
• Lead-time: 25-30 days
• Ship-time: 8-14 days avg.
• Yes, shipping is included!

View attachment 12939 View attachment 12940 View attachment 12941
Very nice

Reactions
No drop on mine with the black niche wheels yet. H&R springs will be here soon.

the bronze superforged wheels on Tyler’s car have H&R springs on already.