Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

New Vossen Hybrid Forged

QwikEVO

Active Duty U.S. Air Force
Reactions
Satin black...awesome color.

Gloss black shows so many swirls and fine scratches...

Reactions
Satin black...awesome color.

Gloss black shows so many swirls and fine scratches...
Ceramic coat before install...keeps gloss black wheels nice for a long time.
Agree......but i'm just so over the black wheel trend :eek:

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Agree......but i'm just so over the black wheel trend :eek:
Same. I bucked that trend on my last truck with brushed clear Velgen Forged wheels...but with the black lower cladding on these things it works well.

Reactions
Same. I bucked that trend on my last truck with brushed clear Velgen Forged wheels...but with the black lower cladding on these things it works well.
I understand....which is why i'm looking into having my friend's bodyshop color match all the cladding except for a few accents .

Blk_Ravn_ST

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I am eying these wheels as well. Please post photos once they come. Been talking with Vossen directly. Looking at the gloss black with red center. We’ll see how things go. Might be next summer.

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #27
I am eying these wheels as well. Please post photos once they come. Been talking with Vossen directly. Looking at the gloss black with red center. We’ll see how things go. Might be next summer.
Will do !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
I’m getting the set with custom paint for 2800.00

Have you received the wheels? I would love to see the end product!

Reactions
Still 3 weeks out

Lucky you....I was just told they are a little behind and mine are still about 8 weeks out . I know of some other companies that could get some 3 piece custom done in less time . Oh well....already ordered so i guess i'm waiting (n)(n)(n)

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #31
Lucky you....I was just told they are a little behind and mine are still about 8 weeks out . I know of some other companies that could get some 3 piece custom done in less time . Oh well....already ordered so i guess i'm waiting (n)(n)(n)
Thats just until they start building them.

UNBROKEN will have his soon. He is helping me on the offsets. Seems we are all guinea pigs on the perfect set up here. I called HRE / Vorsteiner / and Vossen and they all said 40 offset on a 10.5. Doesn’t seem aggressive enough for me but I have time to change if need be.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Like I mentioned...+40 on a 10.5” wheel will require a spacer up front to clear the suspension. Another guy already tried that.
+30 is what I’m having done but I’m pushing the wheels out to even with the fender. That may be a little much for some people. ~+32 will fit a 10.5 with no clearance issues and still be inside the fender a hair.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Another guy tried a 22x11 at +30 with a 325/35/22 and his front tires are sticking way out past the fenders.

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #34
Another guy tried a 22x11 at +30 with a 325/35/22 and his front tires are sticking way out past the fenders.
When does yours come in?

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #35
Like I mentioned...+40 on a 10.5” wheel will require a spacer up front to clear the suspension. Another guy already tried that.
+30 is what I’m having done but I’m pushing the wheels out to even with the fender. That may be a little much for some people. ~+32 will fit a 10.5 with no clearance issues and still be inside the fender a hair.
Even with the fenders is the perfect look imo.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
When does yours come in?

I’d guess within the next 2-2.5 weeks. I haven’t heard anything though.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I just wanna reiterate for anyone following the numbers I’m throwing out...it’s gonna be a VERY aggressive fitment. The tire bulge will be a hair past the fender in the front and will be the same in the rear with a 1/4” spacer with a 305/35/22. A 295/40 would be pretty much flush with the tire bulge.

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #38
I just wanna reiterate for anyone following the numbers I’m throwing out...it’s gonna be a VERY aggressive fitment. The tire bulge will be a hair past the fender in the front and will be the same in the rear with a 1/4” spacer with a 305/35/22. A 295/40 would be pretty much flush with the tire bulge.
Once you put the springs on ... the camber may help with the tire bulge also. I doubt an alignment will get it back to oem specs.

Gonna look really nice !

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #39
What spacer are you using ? What brand ?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
What spacer are you using ? What brand ?

I bought some billet spacers off eBay...they’re cheap. Just don’t get the cast aluminum ones.