Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

New SYNC version is Available

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Has anyone been able to pull the update from WiFi yet?

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
I was able to use Auto Update.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
I managed to get the Sync update by WiFi yesterday. After it finished updating and displayed the current version number, it began downloading what must have been a giant file. No idea what that was because it hasn’t begun downloading again and the map is still the old version.

OP
D

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #45
I managed to get the Sync update by WiFi yesterday. After it finished updating and displayed the current version number, it began downloading what must have been a giant file. No idea what that was because it hasn’t begun downloading again and the map is still the old version.
The map file is huge. It took a long time using the USB to complete.

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Rapid Red ST
The map update site finally began working today for 2022 models. Until now it would just say my vehicle is older than 2010. Saw others with the same complaint. I ordered the flash drive since the website is so slow.

Still waiting for the sync site to acknowledge I updated the Sync 3. I sent the .xml file twice. Again, others have the same complaint. Not a problem though since I know I updated it and the car screen confirms it.

Last edited:
Reactions
Just updated my 2021 ST. Took 15 mins to download map update, 30 mins to unzip to a WD My passport drive, and about 2.5 hrs to install in vehicle. Sync 3.4.22200 and maps version NA 2 21.
I heard the vehicle making it's transformer noises, jumped back in, powered up, and it said update successfull. Easy enough.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Just updated my 2021 ST. Took 15 mins to download map update, 30 mins to unzip to a WD My passport drive, and about 2.5 hrs to install in vehicle. Sync 3.4.22200 and maps version NA 2 21.
I heard the vehicle making it's transformer noises, jumped back in, powered up, and it said update successfull. Easy enough.

Did you have the vehicle running or in ACC mode when doing the update? Only asking because you mentioned all the cute noises the ST makes from time to time while sitting around.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Mine downloaded via Wifi yesterday pretty quickly. I have the eero WiFi 6 system, and no issues. Those routers can bounce between 2.4 and 5, so there shouldn't be any issue with Sync connecting.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Mine downloaded via Wifi yesterday pretty quickly. I have the eero WiFi 6 system, and no issues. Those routers can bounce between 2.4 and 5, so there shouldn't be any issue with Sync connecting.
Did you do anything special to trigger the update? I just tried again and it just says no update.

Sgt1411

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
I still cant see or notice a change in anything with this new update.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Did you do anything special to trigger the update? I just tried again and it just says no update.
Nope, just decided to check a few days ago and it started downloading.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I still cant see or notice a change in anything with this new update.
I am guessing just mainly bug fixes. Anymore snappy?

Nope, just decided to check a few days ago and it started downloading.
Mine will just sit there and spin for what seems like forever and then says I am up to date. Not too worried as it doesn't sound like I am missing out on much. I just like knowing I am up to date on all my tech. I have the files sitting on a thumb drive but don't want to leave my car running for 30 min for a unchanged update.

Reactions
Did you have the vehicle running or in ACC mode when doing the update? Only asking because you mentioned all the cute noises the ST makes from time to time while sitting around.
Just turned on, not running.

Sgt1411

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
I am guessing just mainly bug fixes. Anymore snappy?

Mine will just sit there and spin for what seems like forever and then says I am up to date. Not too worried as it doesn't sound like I am missing out on much. I just like knowing I am up to date on all my tech. I have the files sitting on a thumb drive but don't want to leave my car running for 30 min for a unchanged update.
Might be a bit snapier but very minor, still have that ridiculous start up lag where you cant touch anything or it locks up.

I still cannot believe they won't power up the APIM on remote start with radio off until ignition cycle.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Any of you have blue screen backup camera issues prior to this and see any improvements? Dealer won't swap out my camera under warranty despite ample evidence. They refuse to because corp requires an error code proof otherwise it's out of pocket for them. Nonstop SYNC 3 issues since update earlier this year.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Any of you have blue screen backup camera issues prior to this and see any improvements? Dealer won't swap out my camera under warranty despite ample evidence. They refuse to because corp requires an error code proof otherwise it's out of pocket for them. Nonstop SYNC 3 issues since update earlier this year.
Can’t answer your question but it’s a recall. Dont they have to keep trying things regardless until it’s fixed. I would suggest trying a different dealer though. They seem awful.

Sgt1411

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
That dealership is not being truthful. You don't need a DTC message to get warranty repair on a known TSB. Call Ford Corporate and go to another dealership.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I swear my rain sensing wipers algorithm has improved with this update. I feel it was way to aggressive before and it feels a little less so now. Who knows if true but to me it seems like it.

Blaster7Romeo

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
I got an email saying there was an update.. hook the ST up to the wifi.. " no new updates" but was last updated Feb 27th 2022

ETA : Found my answers in another thread

Last edited: