Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

New SYNC version is Available

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Jusr seen it this morning. New version is 3.4.22200

Sgt1411

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Loaded it on my ST today, cant say I noticed any improvements yet.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
How do you load new software updates?

randyknight

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
wonder what they changed if anything.

minuteman3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Updated mine yesterday via USB ... no problems at all with the download or install. Just takes time. (I did the maps a few weeks ago.)

I have found the last couple of OS installs look to be a two step affair, and the USB needs to remain in place until you get the screen that tells you to remove it. In other words, the first phase takes around 40 minutes or so, and at the end mine did a reboot plus a notification to do a key/power cycle. After that was complete, it starts the "Updating System Software" again for a few minutes, then pops up the "You can now remove the USB..." notification. If you take the USB out after the first reboot, thinking it's done, it actually starts all over again. Don't ask how I know this ...

The only thing "new" or different I might have seen was a green phone on the upper right corner when I was on a phone call. That may not be new ... but I don't remember seeing it before!! Certainly seems a bit snappier as well.

Ken

V3nom3nom

Nurse
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
My sync restarted twice today while driving. I’m in last version, but noticed it happening after newest iPhone IOS

randyknight

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I am on 3.4 in my January build 2022, and when i check from sync inside the Explorer while connected to me home wifi it says my software is up to date.
It also says there are no updates available for Sync or the Nav Map when I go online and enter my VIN to check. My Map version is NA 2 20.

Update: Just checked again online on my ford account and it says Sync update is available but when i check in the car it was it is up to date. I have confirmed the Explorer is connected to my home internet.

Still says no Map update available.

OP
D

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #9
I am on 3.4 in my January build 2022, and when i check from sync inside the Explorer while connected to me home wifi it says my software is up to date.
It also says there are no updates available for Sync or the Nav Map when I go online and enter my VIN to check. My Map version is NA 2 20.

Update: Just checked again online on my ford account and it says Sync update is available but when i check in the car it was it is up to date. I have confirmed the Explorer is connected to my home internet.
What SYNC version is it showing?

randyknight

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
What SYNC version is it showing?
Sync 3, Software version 3.4
Map Version NA 2 20

Its only showing online now and not when i check from in the car. Weird, maybe it just needs time. I did notice where it said you have to be on the most current Sync Software version to update the Map so maybe that is the issue with the Map update.

OP
D

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #11
Sync 3, Software version 3.4
Map Version NA 2 20

Its only showing online now and not when i check from in the car. Weird, maybe it just needs time. I did notice where it said you have to be on the most current Sync Software version to update the Map so maybe that is the issue with the Map update.
The new SYNC version 3.4 22200. The last 5 numbers are what changed.

randyknight

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
The new SYNC version 3.4 22200.
The last 5 numbers are what changed.
Yeah i saw that in this post, which is why i was checking mine.
Its like it wants me to do it via USB but id rather just do it over wifi, less chance i don't unzip something incorrectly or something and brick my infotainment system. This thing is already slow and laggy. I feel like any mistake can send it into self destruct mode. lol

OP
D

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #13
Yeah i saw that in this post, which is why i was checking mine.
Its like it wants me to do it via USB but id rather just do it over wifi, less chance i don't unzip something incorrectly or something and brick my infotainment system. This thing is already slow and laggy. I feel like any mistake can send it into self destruct mode. lol
If you can do it with wifi that would be great. My wifi in the garage is not to good so I didn't try to. The USB worked well for me.

randyknight

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
If you can do it with wifi that would be great. My wifi in the garage is not to good so I didn't try to. The USB worked well for me.
It says you can update over wifi but when i check it that way it says 3.4 is the most up to date one. Maybe it just needs some time, i'll check it tomorrow i guess.
I have fast wifi even in my garage and i confirmed the Explorer was connected to it and using data when it said it was checking for updates.

OP
D

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #15
It says you can update over wifi but when i check it that way it says 3.4 is the most up to date one. Maybe it just needs some time, i'll check it tomorrow i guess.
I have fast wifi even in my garage and i confirmed the Explorer was connected to it and using data when it said it was checking for updates.
What is the complete SYNC version you have? There is more than 3.4

OP
D

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #17
Nope, mine just says 3.4
I would suggest trying the USB then. I have not heard of any one being able to update with WiFi so far. Just checked and your map version is not currant also.

randyknight

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
What is the complete SYNC version you have? There is more than 3.4
I would suggest trying the USB then. I have not heard of any one being able to update with WiFi so far. Just checked and your map version is not currant also.
yeah, when I enter my Vin number and it says no updates are available for my vin number. Weird.

OP
D

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #19
yeah, when I enter my Vin number and it says no updates are available for my vin number. Weird.
Hate to say this but you might need to contact your dealer. Hope you have a good one.

randyknight

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Hate to say this but you might need to contact your dealer. Hope you have a good one.
I’ll avoid that at all cost, I’ll attempt to do USB myself before I do that.