Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

New SYNC Update 23188

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
24 Hour Update: 23188 remedied the memory issues. Cameras are still shit.

hbalek

Reactions
This is a SYNC update, not a camera fix.
My Sync features are back to normal too after the update yesterday. My camera is mostly fine after the replacement last year. No more blue screens.

Reactions
Did my update last night too. Had to do via USB as wi-fi method would not find the update. Didn't have any issues with other version and this version is working fine too.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
According to Cyanlabs, Ford included a script to clear the RWData, so this update should really be hitch free no matter how bad your memory issues were.

jmcneil

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Is anyone willing to share out their 23188 update files? When I login to the ford website it still shows 22251 as my available version.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Is anyone willing to share out their 23188 update files? When I login to the ford website it still shows 22251 as my available version.
I might be able to post them to Dropbox tonight if I still have them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
You can pick up those files from CyanLabs.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer Platinum
The website is not showing an update for me, keep trying to give me 22251. Should I update to this and then try again?
Yes I would get 22251 first. Then wait a day or two until ford recognize your update. And offer you the 23188 update.

Also very important make sure your location and sharing options are on. So ford knows what your sync version is.

My sync wouldn't pull the 23188 update over the air (wifi) option so I had to use the USB feature. Pretty fast in less then 30 minutes. The update was successful

P.S. my blue screen went away. It works now

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
It appears your sync information is not Syncing with ford servers like they supposed too. I would try the USB feature. To get ford updated to your 22251 sync version to ford. Try reinstalling the 22251 version via the USB feature. Take the .xml when the sync is successfully installed or reinstalled. Put it in your computer and upload it thru the sync and navigations download page. Login or input your vin to reach to download section. Then look for upload .xml file. This way you manually inputting your successful sync update
I tried uploading the .xml file when I originally updated to 22251 and nothing ever changed. Other people in these threads have said that they tried to reinstall 22251 and it wouldn't do the install.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I enabled automatic updates on my 2020 ST in the morning and by the time I had to run an errand in the evening, it had installed the update. No issues prior to the update and so far none after.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer Platinum
I tried uploading the .xml file when I originally updated to 22251 and nothing ever changed. Other people in these threads have said that they tried to reinstall 22251 and it wouldn't do the install.
My bad on that response. Didn't see you used the USB feature. Until I hit post.
Just think if we all could get the new and improved Sync 4. Which I Don't think it's called Sync anymore. The whole system is run by Google

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
My bad on that response. Didn't see you used the USB feature. Until I hit post.
Just think if we all could get the new and improved Sync 4. Which I Don't think it's called Sync anymore. The whole system is run by Google
I did a chat with Ford through the website, and he said he would "escalate" to another team to update my info to let me download 23188. We'll see how that goes.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I did a chat with Ford through the website, and he said he would "escalate" to another team to update my info to let me download 23188. We'll see how that goes.
I am having similar issues to you. Ford dashboard says I am on 21194. Haven't been on that since Feb when I updated to 22251. Can't get it to update at all. System keeps telling me to update to 22251. Well, I tried this weekend no luck. Finally went through today. Go to the files on my computer to upload confirmation file, not there. I had some new folder called "interlog" though. Whatever that means.

I tried chatting them and really they are no help. Thinking my only options at this point are to try the cyanlabs method, take it to the dealer, or just keep waiting until it maybe comes through.

Someone mentioned above about making sure the diagnostics mode is turned on. You'll know it's on by the notification in the top right. Well, mine keeps turning off. And I have issues turn it on. Not sure if this is causing part of the problem. I think its a bug that's part of 22251. Same bug that keeps turning my wifi off and forgetting my password.

Seems like it's definitely working easily for people and I am glad to see that. But for those of us in our situation, we seem to be stuck.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Just tried the cyanlabs update method. One min if that, system says it’s complete and it restarted. But nothing updated. No errors or anything. I did a master reset like 1.5 hr ago. Haven’t even set anything up. Thoughts?

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Just tried the cyanlabs update method. One min if that, system says it’s complete and it restarted. But nothing updated. No errors or anything. I did a master reset like 1.5 hr ago. Haven’t even set anything up. Thoughts?
Not sure if the USB was done properly. I'd try setting up the USB again. Make sure the Sync3Updater updates to the latest version. They discovered when looking at Ford's 23188 USB that they cleared rwdata before install. That script has been incorporated into the new Sync3Updater.

Also, do NOT remove the USB drive until it says it to remove the USB drive--not just "complete". It may be running the script and reboot after that.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Not sure if the USB was done properly. I'd try setting up the USB again. Make sure the Sync3Updater updates to the latest version. They discovered when looking at Ford's 23188 USB that they cleared rwdata before install. That script has been incorporated into the new Sync3Updater.

Also, do NOT remove the USB drive until it says it to remove the USB drive--not just "complete". It may be running the script and reboot after that.
Yeah I saw that noticed when I fired it up. I literally just installed the updater this evening so it has to be the latest update. Is there anything else I should of done?

I entered my current software , region, and that I have nav.

went to download the files. Selected 23188, USA, keep maps. Deselected voice and grace notes. Selected apps. Clicked start.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Do we have to uncheck the auto detect button under advanced settings? Then select auto install?

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Actually, you can now safely install voice and gracenotes now that memory will be cleared before install. Leave auto detect on. Auto install.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Actually, you can now safely install voice and gracenotes now that memory will be cleared before install. Leave auto detect on. Auto install.
So that’s built into the latest update?

I had someone in the fb group tell me to turn that off. But my initial install did involve just leaving it to auto. And within a min, it finished but it didn’t do anything.