Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

New Sync 3 Version 3.4.22251

TwEeK1101

Reactions
Vehicle
2014 Explorer Limited
Alright kids, I'm done trying to figure this out, tried past two days to update software to 23188 only to keep getting ERR08 and to redownload and try again! Tried it with just the app no grace notes or voice then tried a few times with to only get ERR08. Master reset only freezes so I've done several soft resets, then tried 222000 several times to still get ERR08 and to try again. Cdubya, thanks for your help, not sure why my ST is not working, but thank you! have a good weekend, we can only laugh at fords incompetence at this point, lol
Hi friends! Thanks for all this great info. I was in the same state as SnoopST with my Fusion(2019). I tried a downgrade stick in CyanLabs, MR,SR,SR, got ERR08. Decided to find the part number and remove power by removing the module from the dash. Once the power was reconnected, immediately did MR, the USB was still in, and it got through the process, ended up on ver 3.3. Also, the GPS antenna was disconnected, it defaulted to Dearbourn, MI. Not sure if a single thing made the difference, or a combination. If I can help further please reach out. Best of luck

OP
D

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #282
Ford has released a new SYNC update this morning. I just started downloading it so I don't know yet what version it will be.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Ford has released a new SYNC update this morning. I just started downloading it so I don't know yet what version it will be.
Nothing on my end. Is this from the computer or the actual in car system update?

OP
D

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #284
Nothing on my end. Is this from the computer or the actual in car system update?
This was from the computer. New version is 23188

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
This was from the computer. New version is 23188
Gotcha. Oddly, when I log into my my ford dashboard, the system still thinks I am on 21194 and it says the 22251 update is available.

OP
D

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #286
Gotcha. Oddly, when I log into my my ford dashboard, the system still thinks I am on 21194 and it says the 22251 update is available.
I know when 22251 came out a number of people had a problem getting the update to show on Fords end. Perhaps yours was one?

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I know when 22251 came out a number of people had a problem getting the update to show on Fords end. Perhaps yours was one?
Yeah I guess. I remember reading something about having to update a file. I see that I got the xml file from my last install but the instructions didn’t say what I do with it.

OP
D

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #288
Yeah I guess. I remember reading something about having to update a file. I see that I got the xml file from my last install but the instructions didn’t say what I do with it.
You could try downloading 22251 again and then follow the directions to upload the XML file. About the only thing I can think of.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
You could try downloading 22251 again and then follow the directions to upload the XML file. About the only thing I can think of.
Yeah I should try doing that. Even fords own website gives me an error when going to their own link to do it lol I’ll have to try and find a write up somewhere.

Attachments

randyknight

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
FYI, Most people can see 23188 available on the Ford website.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I uploaded the xml file from when did back in Feb. I get a green check mark and then the website refreshes with no changes.

OP
D

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #292
I uploaded the xml file from when did back in Feb. I get a green check mark and then the website refreshes with no changes.
Maybe try calling or chatting with Ford SYNC support? I don't have a lot of faith in that but who knows, it might help.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
I've been watching this and other conversations for months. I knew there was issues with this version. I'd read all about the problems. That said, I'm the guy that accidently left the auto update on in the car and 22251 got installed. I've updated by way of thumbdrive prior to the last update. I didn't discuss this update on the forum, it worked for me and we all know how karma goes, I didn't want to jinx myself. :whistle: I never had a single issue with this version over the few months it was installed.

I left the auto-update on intentionally this time, thinking what the heck, it worked last time and maybe I wouldn't run into the memory issues others had while using a thumbdrive. It didn't however perform the download until I went into my account on Ford's website and chose update over WiFi as my choice of installation (the vehicle was already set to auto update and within range of a signal). Once I did this it began the download by the time I walked back out to the garage. It installed 23188, again with no issues. The whole process couldn't have taken more than 20 minutes.

I've driven it with the new version installed and again all seems well, fingers crossed.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Mine won't even stay on auto update nor remember my wifi password. So every time I restart my car, those settings have reset themselves. My quick question for those who did the xml file update/confirmation, did it update right away on the ford website or did it take 24-48hrs? If it wasn't right away, then I will just give it some more time.

If it did, then I will just go ahead and try applying the 22251 update again and go from there.

OP
D

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #295
Mine won't even stay on auto update nor remember my wifi password. So every time I restart my car, those settings have reset themselves. My quick question for those who did the xml file update/confirmation, did it update right away on the ford website or did it take 24-48hrs? If it wasn't right away, then I will just give it some more time.

If it did, then I will just go ahead and try applying the 22251 update again and go from there.
It showed undated with Ford right away for me.

Ryno12

EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
So mine is at 21194 & it’s saying that the software is up to date. Is there anything I need to do to initiate the update?

OP
D

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #297
So mine is at 21194 & it’s saying that the software is up to date. Is there anything I need to do to initiate the update?
I would try contacting Ford SYNC support either by phone or chat to see if they can help.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Is your explorer actually on 21194 or is that what the ford dashboard website is saying?

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Yeah that didn’t work unfortunately. Don’t even think it’s installing. I’ll get the message at the top saying update installing, it’ll say first part complete, gives me key cycle restart needed, then it automatically restarts on its own. I still give it a restart, then the whole process starts over. No xml file on usb.

I give up.

OP
D

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #300
Yeah that didn’t work unfortunately. Don’t even think it’s installing. I’ll get the message at the top saying update installing, it’ll say first part complete, gives me key cycle restart needed, then it automatically restarts on its own. I still give it a restart, then the whole process starts over. No xml file on usb.

I give up.
If your still under the full warranty maybe your dealer can help.