Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

New Sync 3 Version 3.4.22251

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Just updated my Sync 3 with Syn3Updater. Easy to use.

Here a link to download the program. https://cyanlabs.net/applications/syn3updater/
Not sure the new update is work.

Got in the car this morning, Present pages back to 2 and radio went to AM.

But the Ford app is working again but for how long.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Rapid Red ST
I just found this on FordPass. Is this telling me Sync 3 has been updated (it has not) or simply the vehicle’s FordPass software?

View attachment 18985
I received that message yesterday, and also about a year ago. It just means the Ford Pass software has been updated. Nothing to do with Sync.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 EXPLORER ST
No luck. My Sync is not responding nor is my FordPass. The screen message stated that an update was completed, but that is all. My dealer informed me that the new APIM was delivered and it will be installed on Thursday. Let see what happens. I hope that the new APIM will fix my handsfree lift gate not working since the 22251 update and so is the lift gate button and the FP as well as the phone issues, wifi not being saved. Fingers X...

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Not sure the new update is work.

Got in the car this morning, Present pages back to 2 and radio went to AM.

But the Ford app is working again but for how long.
Did you do a master reset after update. Definitely recommended, and then just redo all your settings.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Did you do a master reset after update. Definitely recommended, and then just redo all your settings.
I did a Master reset and 2 soft reset and its working.

/fs/rwdata/ = 641M / 1.2G

KegsBdry

Reactions
Has an update come out to fix this issue?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Has an update come out to fix this issue?
I think the update is coming out in September.

I installed the update from cyanlabs and the system is working just fine.

Valorage

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Expo ST
Successfully upgraded via Cyanlabs from 20282 to 23188. In my limited use thus far, system seems to be working.
Fordpass can also connect to the vehicle and display status.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Successfully upgraded via Cyanlabs from 20282 to 23188. In my limited use thus far, system seems to be working.
Fordpass can also connect to the vehicle and display status.
Good Job. Enjoy a working radio again.

Sgt1411

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Im driving a rental Chevy Silverado this week with their new multimedia system by Google. As much as I hate Google I have to say its so intuitive, quick, and light years ahead of SYNC3/4.....and guess what they use the entire screen for the backup camera not a silly 2"X 2" window

Reactions
Im driving a rental Chevy Silverado this week with their new multimedia system by Google. As much as I hate Google I have to say its so intuitive, quick, and light years ahead of SYNC3/4.....and guess what they use the entire screen for the backup camera not a silly 2"X 2" window
To be fair, almost every other System UI is better than Ford's Sync and has been for years. Ford has been behind for a while so moving to Google has been their best decision to finally have a decent UI.

hbalek

Reactions
Add this to the list of 22251 problems. I got a new phone last week and it gets deleted every time I start up. I have to pair every time. I deleted the old phone and it still doesn't hold!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 EXPLORER ST
Add this to the list of 22251 problems. I got a new phone last week and it gets deleted every time I start up. I have to pair every time. I deleted the old phone and it still doesn't hold!
Try rebooting the syncs.

Question. What phone you have?

1.turn car off wait until everything is completely off.
2. open driver door press the close button on lock door. the sideview mirrors should move and the horn beep. turn car on.
3 press and hold the off and on button on the radio and at the same time hold the forward arrow until the whole system turn off then let go. Then try to sync your phone.

hbalek

Reactions
Try rebooting the syncs.

Question. What phone you have?

1.turn car off wait until everything is completely off.
2. open driver door press the close button on lock door. the sideview mirrors should move and the horn beep. turn car on.
3 press and hold the off and on button on the radio and at the same time hold the forward arrow until the whole system turn off then let go. Then try to sync your phone.
I've done several soft resets. I have no memory left due to the 22251 problem discussed at length on these forums and elsewhere. Basically it's out of memory so you can't add or save anything further until you get an new APIM. I can't even do a master reset anymore because there's not enough memory. Mine is out of warranty so I'd have to pay my $100 deductible to get a new APIM but the new software will not be out until next month. Ford will have to install 22251 which is when all of my problems started back in the spring of this year. So I will have to wait when they actually have a fix for these issues.

Sgt1411

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
I've done several soft resets. I have no memory left due to the 22251 problem discussed at length on these forums and elsewhere. Basically it's out of memory so you can't add or save anything further until you get an new APIM. I can't even do a master reset anymore because there's not enough memory. Mine is out of warranty so I'd have to pay my $100 deductible to get a new APIM but the new software will not be out until next month. Ford will have to install 22251 which is when all of my problems started back in the spring of this year. So I will have to wait when they actually have a fix for these issues.
What about a battery negative terminal pull for 30 minutes?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Update the radio with Cyanlabs. Take about 20 min and cost is free.

https://cyanlabs.net/applications/syn3updater/

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 EXPLORER ST

I went through all that and they just installed the new APIM with the 22251 on it, but it comes clean with no prior updates on it but the 22251, so when the new one comes out I will wait and see what is new and what happens. I will not install it that quick.

randyknight

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Just upgraded my maps and Sync.
I recently went to 22250 and now i'm on 23188 Sync
was on NA 2 21 and now on NA 2 22 Maps.

Used Cyanlabs to update sync first and it took about 15 min and that includes the two soft resets followed by a short sit and restat. Everything worked and looked great! I did not do a hard factory reset.

Then I updated the Map via USB that I downloaded from Ford website. That took about an hour and the system restarted halfway through, it shows a prompt when the update is done.

I was afraid of updating Sync with Cyanlabs but everything went rather smoothly. I chose the option to keep my current maps when updating because I was going to update maps from what I downloaded from the Ford website.