Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

New Sync 3 Version 3.4.22251

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 EXPLORER ST
Before I bought out my lease. I was contemplating going to Toyota Highlander Platinum. I just loved this ST and the interest rate are high even with excelente credit, so I went to a credit union and got a 2.99 rate so I bought out my ST. sometimes I feel like I should have gone to Toyota with that rate. I have been a Ford buyer since 1998.

Sgt1411

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Too scared of bricking my APIM to try it right now........I will let some others be the Pioneers.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST

R2D2

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
If there is a newer (official) version available, why is it not showing up on 'my ford' page?
It still shows the 22251 as the latest available.

I'm waiting for it to come from Ford and mostly will be taking to the dealer for the install.
I don't want to deal with the software update part, after doing it one time at home.
And definitely don't want to deal with anything from third party when I'm under B2B Ford warranty.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Cyanlabs find these new versions on Ford servers weeks to months before official release. In many cases though, there is a bug in them and they never get officially released, as seems to be the case with 23088. For most, waiting is the best option. Especially if on 22251 with full rwdata memory, you may not be able to do a standard USB or download update anyways. Maybe Ford dealers can update the Sync with FDRS that does not care if rwdata is full.

In any case, I updated 22200 to 23188 just now, about 15 minutes doing the app package only. Will be keeping an eye on rwdata to make sure it doesn't fill up.

Last edited:

hbalek

Reactions
I'm so sick of this but also don't want to be a test dummy. Devil you know is better... I may have the dealer do it. For $100 deductible if they break it they replace the APIM.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I just had my APIM replaced yesterday for all these same 22251 issues. My car was a few hundred miles past warranty when the issues popped up. Ford covered 80% of the $1500 bill. Service advisor said Ford knows of this issue and it's affecting all Sync 3 cars. APIM replacement is the only fix right now. So I'd recommend talking to the dealer and seeing if Ford will cover most of the replacement like me.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
I just found this on FordPass. Is this telling me Sync 3 has been updated (it has not) or simply the vehicle’s FordPass software?

IMG_4072.jpeg

OP
D

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #174
Ford Pass is saying a map update should be available on or about Aug 14th. Maybe A SYNC update is coming soon as in the past SYNC has been done a short time before a map update. We will see I guess.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 EXPLORER ST
Ford Pass is saying a map update should be available on or about Aug 14th. Maybe A SYNC update is coming soon as in the past SYNC has been done a short time before a map update. We will see I guess.
What issues did you have with 22251 garbage ?

OP
D

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #177
Just got off the phone with Ford and they said a new SYNC release is expected about the end September.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 EXPLORER ST
Just got off the phone with Ford and they said a new SYNC release is expected about the end September.
At the present moment my ST is updating to a new software. Every time I speak to a ford rep on the phone each one has a different story.

OP
D

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #180
At the present moment my ST is updating to a new software. Every time I speak to a ford rep on the phone each one has a different story.
Is that update from Ford or Cyan?