Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

New Sync 3 Version 3.4.22251

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
This is a pretty quick update after the most recent one prior to it. Guessing still no big updates?

OP
D

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #42
None that I am aware of.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 explorer st
Just started mine at 1 hour and a half so far still not finished

Sgt1411

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Since owning my first Explorer back in 2013 I have never seen a smooth software update on any Ford multimedia software application. Even SYNC4 users are having issues. It just never gets better.

Driving a Genesis GV70 last few days at work and Hyundai's multimedia system did an update in 20 minutes OTA while vehicle was parked. The ease in which their system responds is light years ahead of Ford. I love my ST but enough is enough with these software issues.

KegsBdry

Reactions
Just started mine at 1 hour and a half so far still not finished
FYI: You may want to delete that photo from the site. It has specific information that identifies your vehicle.

jefferylay

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
Ford Explorer ST
OTA, 1 hour 20 minutes.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST Carbonized Gray
Mine updated on wifi from Build 22200 to Build 22251 with no issues. I started the download when I pulled into the garage, shut it off and went into the house. The next day I checked it and the update was complete, I have a wifi access point in the garage so the signal is pretty strong.

Sgt1411

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
OTA worked for me, its the very first time its worked.

Took about 45 minutes.

Absolutely no idea what changed, nothing noticeable.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Mine updated on wifi from Build 22200 to Build 22251 with no issues. I started the download when I pulled into the garage, shut it off and went into the house. The next day I checked it and the update was complete, I have a wifi access point in the garage so the signal is pretty strong.
So you don't actually need to leave it running the whole time like Ford tells you to?

Never mind. I was thinking of the USB update that tells you to leave it running.

Last edited:

Nine29

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
So you don't actually need to leave it running the whole time like Ford tells you to?
No...not that I noticed. Same as @SimonsGTS, the update started downloading when I got home and was complete when I got back in the car the next morning.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
No...not that I noticed. Same as @SimonsGTS, the update started downloading when I got home and was complete when I got back in the car the next morning.
Ah, I was thinking of what they recommend wen using a USB to update. The Wi-Fi update does say you can turn it off.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer, ST
Have you all checked the Ford site to see if it updated indicating that you have the latest updates otherwise it’s gonna keep saying that you require an update.
I updated my Sync3 update two weeks ago and Ford still tells me I need one even after uploading the confirmation file.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Did mine via USB yesterday. Install took about 15 minutes.

Didn't notice any difference at first, but after the car sat off for a couple of hours the music started playing very quickly on startup and for the first time ever resumed playing from USB. We'll see what a few more start cycles brings.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Did mine via USB yesterday. Install took about 15 minutes.

Didn't notice any difference at first, but after the car sat off for a couple of hours the music started playing very quickly on startup and for the first time ever resumed playing from USB. We'll see what a few more start cycles brings.
After the update, I noticed the same thing. USB will play when you get back into the ST.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
After the update, I noticed the same thing. USB will play when you get back into the ST.
If they finally fixed the resume from USB issue that's fantastic!

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
If they finally fixed the resume from USB issue that's fantastic!
Somewhat. It's working better. Not 100% fixed.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Rapid Red ST
I have not done the latest update yet but recently the USB has begun playing immediately about half the time. Interestingly it does it most often when it has been sitting unused for a few days.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Have you all checked the Ford site to see if it updated indicating that you have the latest updates otherwise it’s gonna keep saying that you require an update.
I updated my Sync3 update two weeks ago and Ford still tells me I need one even after uploading the confirmation file.
Updated mine today via USB. Uploaded the XML log. Still says I need an update and has my version wrong on the site.

OP
D

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #59
Updated mine today via USB. Uploaded the XML log. Still says I need an update and has my version wrong on the site.
For some reason not showing the update is a common issue for a number of people. You would think Ford could get this fixed but for some reason it continues on.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST Carbonized Gray
That's correct, even though I keep getting the 'systems are disabled to protect the battery' or something like that. But yes it finished downloading and installed while the vehicle was off.