Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

NEW Product Alert! The AWR Racing rear diff mount

Reactions
Will this brace still work and be "on drill" once the subframe is swapped for the two bolt?

OP
ron@whooshmotorsports
Reactions
Thread Starter #42
Will this brace still work and be "on drill" once the subframe is swapped for the two bolt?
the brace fits and helps support the diff on any 2 bolt or single bolt Ford Explorer ST rear subframe

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Rapid Red ST
What is the torque setting for the diff housing bolts?

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
What is the torque setting for the diff housing bolts?
Crank it hard, then giving it another 1/4 turn works for most shade tree mechanics! Lol

Reactions
Does anybody know the torque spec for the diff bolts? Just curious if I end up installing this. Also should I use
a threadlocker like loctite on these bolts?

TheNorth

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST
Reactions
You may want to consider getting an E18 ratcheting wrench or a short 3/8 drive socket as there is not much room
You may want to consider getting an E18 ratcheting wrench or a short 3/8 drive socket as there is not much room between that 3 o'clock differential bolt and the subframe itself.

Tommy

Reactions
The main bolt and the 2 diff bolts from the brace work in conjunction with each in taking stress, not separately from each other.

Put another way, the main bolt is no longer taking all the load by itself.
I get it.....I honestly think I would rather just have mine break ..lol. Have the chance then of getting the 4 bolt frame or the upgraded parts the PIU are getting.

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I get it.....I honestly think I would rather just have mine break ..lol. Have the chance then of getting the 4 bolt frame or the upgraded parts the PIU are getting.
I understand, we all wish we had the 4 bolt!

Reactions
A brace is still a good idea even if you have multiple bolts.

Reactions
I understand, we all wish we had the 4 bolt!
True , I am really curious what the Parts are in PIU that are getting first. From What I can tell they get a new Rear diff cover , Bushing , Bolt. So I assume it is a larger diameter bolt they are using. I get it though these aftermarket part are nice....Im to the point that if it fails so be it....maybe then it will be fixed the way it should have came.

Reactions
A brace is still a good idea even if you have multiple bolts.
I guess...the failure are so small percentage at the moment though. Only time will tell...I also checked with another service dept where I bought my ST from about a hour away, They seem to think the PIU fix will be coming to retail explorers down the road its a parts supply\manufacturing thing (same thing my local Ford service dept told me)

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
True , I am really curious what the Parts are in PIU that are getting first. From What I can tell they get a new Rear diff cover , Bushing , Bolt. So I assume it is a larger diameter bolt they are using ...
If a new diff cover/bushing/ bolt were not hugely expensive, I'd consider having them installed at some point down the line.

I guess...the failure are so small percentage at the moment though. Only time will tell...
That's what has me scratching my head. One tenth of one percent (0.1%) of reported breaks is an infinitesimally small number.

Even a full one percent (1.0%) would mean there should be 2,500 reported breaks, but FORD is just not seeing that.

OP
ron@whooshmotorsports
Reactions
Thread Starter #55
Hello everyone, today is the last day for the AWR rear diff mount pre-order ! Order now and save some $ + receive FREE SHIPPING
Thank you to everyone that has ordered so far! We truly appreciate the business. Shipping starts tomorrow, May 10th.
https://whooshmotorsports.com/.../awr-racing-rear-diff...
awr complete kit.PNG awr distance shot.jpg

Reactions
Hello everyone, today is the last day for the AWR rear diff mount pre-order ! Order now and save some $ + receive FREE SHIPPING
Thank you to everyone that has ordered so far! We truly appreciate the business. Shipping starts tomorrow, May 10th.
https://whooshmotorsports.com/.../awr-racing-rear-diff...
View attachment 12186 View attachment 12187
Nooooooo, I missed it!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions
Question? Should I wait for this recall/inspection before installing the brace? I do not want to give the dealer any added ammunition hahahaha.

Tommy

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Given the opportunity, it is always the smart move to have your vehicle 100% stock when bringing it in for any kind of service.