Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

New hpfp and injector option!

OP
ZFGracing
Reactions
Thread Starter #41
Hey Adam! Do you think the HPFP upgrade is needed or recommended for E50 tune? My Raptor runs it fine on stock pump.
On a stock turbos it's not needed.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

OP
ZFGracing
Reactions
Thread Starter #42
Sounds great F=MA! I have a set of the S5 CRP turbos, etc for my 3.5 Raptor, but the wife hails the grandkids in the Explorer, so it won’t be getting any hard parts unless really needed. I tightened up the handling with the Steeda rear bar so that’s about it.
ZFG Raptor tunes are coming back very soon just saying!

F=MA

Reactions
Nostrum HPFP and injectors are in the process of being shipped out from ZFG. This song came to mind....

Reactions
NEW PRODUCT ALERT!!!!

High level sumary for what you guys need to know.

If you want to run e85 and you have stock turbos and are mostly stock you will want to run just the pump, this will get you near 520 whp.

If you have a lot of mods and want to run e85 you need the injectors as well. With turbo upgrades we can go to about 600 awhp before running out of injector.

If you have big turbos and all the mods we will need to dial back to e60 for max effort then we are taking 650+ that is what @kevin and @Theo are doing.

Nostrum High Performance Performance 2020+ Explorer and Aviator 3.0L Stage 1 Bundle

WHP Potential on E85: 600 WHP (Dyno Proven, injector limited)
WHP Potential on E60: 650 WHP (Dyno Proven)
WHP Potential on Gasoline: 830 WHP (theoretical based on fuel flow)

https://www.tunedbyzfgracing.com/product-page/2020-explorer-and-aviator-3-0l-stage-1-bundle

So just so I am understanding this correctly. If I just installed a HPFP and run your e85 tune, I will be making nearly 520 horsepower to the wheels? Do I need to make any other modifications?

OP
ZFGracing
Reactions
Thread Starter #45
So just so I am understanding this correctly. If I just installed a HPFP and run your e85 tune, I will be making nearly 520 horsepower to the wheels? Do I need to make any other modifications?
Give or take yes. I highly recommend doing the intercooler with it as well so that power can be sustainable throughout multiple gears.