Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

New Gibson axle-back kit in the works

ST Bun

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
I ended up having the system welded on. I was getting drone and the passenger muffler was angled different. The shop was able to heat and move the muffler to fit. I also had the exit pipes trimmed to keep the tail pipes more flush. My drone is now gone and much happier with the exhaust. I bought it from here for $460 with black tips.

https://www.autoanything.com/exhausts-mufflers/gibson-exhaust-systems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How is it $300 cheaper than from Gibson’s website? Do you have a sound clip?

ST Bun

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
What a great deal from AutoAnything. This kit is such a score, even if you are paying $500 or slightly more. For merely a sound change, spending three or four times this is just a waste of money.
Almost sounds like to good of a deal right? I’m about to order it and take my chances.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
The cheapest on the Gibson website was a little above $500. The AutoAnthing deal is great and they are a legit company. Love my Gibson Axleback.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I’ve seen several people here who welded their system and now are enjoying it more. Whether it’s the sound or fit and finish. I likely wouldn’t do that so I’m wondering are their people who are enjoying this exhaust with just having it bolted on as designed?
Sorry all I’m still so torn on what to do for my exhaust so I’m asking all sorts of silly questions.

ST Bun

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
The cheapest on the Gibson website was a little above $500. The AutoAnthing deal is great and they are a legit company. Love my Gibson Axleback.
I bought it yesterday. They had a code as well…..I paid $400 even with free shipping.

OP
jrgoffin
Reactions
Thread Starter #126
There are numerous sound clips throughout this thread.

I’ve seen several people here who welded their system and now are enjoying it more. Whether it’s the sound or fit and finish. I likely wouldn’t do that so I’m wondering are their people who are enjoying this exhaust with just having it bolted on as designed?
Sorry all I’m still so torn on what to do for my exhaust so I’m asking all sorts of silly questions.
Several of us have used the stepped band clamps - mentioned many times in this thread as well. Gibson supplied those u-bolt clamps to ensure the tail pipes never separate (and probably to save some $$$), but it’s worked out well for those of us that tossed them. As I also stated earlier - if you buy the ones on Amazon, get Grade 10.9 bolts since the ones they supply are junk. Mine are holding nicely and it does not leak at all. Couldn’t enjoy the sound more.

93coupe

Reactions
I just paid $363 (also free shipping) on autoanything with promo code!!
Part # Gibson 619718B

ST Bun

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
I just paid $363 (also free shipping) on autoanything with promo code!!
I went with the black tips so it was a little more. Insane deal though either way. I’m just hoping I don’t get a ton of drone.

93coupe

Reactions
I went with the black tips so it was a little more. Insane deal though either way. I’m just hoping I don’t get a ton of drone.
Mine are the black tips lol, check out the part#.

Big K

Reactions
Nice Price, I ordered one also... $392.29 with Tax...and Black Tips :)

Reactions
Thank you. Just ordered mine $390.03 for the black tips, I am glad I waited to get these saved a lot of money today. Total savings with the above code $96.55 :):)

ST Bun

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Thank you. Just ordered mine $390.03 for the black tips, I am glad I waited to get these saved a lot of money today. Total savings with the above code $96.55 :):)
Yea I saved the same. I live in Chicago so taxes are insane. I paid exactly 400.00 lol.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Screw it, just ordered lol $385 for the black tips. I hope these are as good as everyone says and no drone. I just can’t justify spending well over a $1000 for a catback when all I want is some extra sound and better looking exhaust tips.

ST Bun

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Screw it, just ordered lol $385 for the black tips. I hope these are as good as everyone says and no drone. I just can’t justify spending well over a $1000 for a catback when all I want is some extra sound and better looking exhaust tips.
Exactly my thoughts. I have 3 kids so a loud exhaust isn’t in the cards for me. I wanted something that sounded like how it should have came from the factory and better looking. No one can actually like the stock muffler and tip look.