Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Need Bluetooth CD player!

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
We listen to audio books a lot! I do not want to download to phone or thumb drive before a road trip for many reason. We also acquire them along the way, and trade them with friends. I bought a KLIM Bluetooth player that will not sync. It recognizes that there is an Explorer but that is all.Memorex players‘ reviews say they don’t work bluetooth in autos, either. There is no audio jack, my ST manual says use Bluetooth. Has anyone been successful? Thanks for the help!

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Can you just get a 3.5mm Bluetooth adapter. Plug that into any cd player you have and connect that Bluetooth adapter to the car.

OP
C
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
Can you just get a 3.5mm Bluetooth adapter. Plug that into any cd player you have and connect that Bluetooth adapter to the car.
Thank you. Best Buy as lots of them, but do they have to plug into a radio aux port or anything. Radio has no holes, CD player does. Obviously a dinosaur here.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Thank you. Best Buy as lots of them, but do they have to plug into a radio aux port or anything. Radio has no holes, CD player does. Obviously a dinosaur here.
Plug into the cd player. It’s a Bluetooth transmitter. Tons of them on Amazon probably cheaper than Best Buy. But that transmitter will connect to the Bluetooth of the car. Basically same way your phone connects.

OP
C
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #5
Finally got it all working—-what a nightmare! Most existing Bluetooth CD Walkman type systems are not “new enough” to communicate with Ford’s Bluetooth.
Bought an $18 (Walmart) Monster FM Bluetooth receiver that plugs into cigarette lighter. CD player sends to that, then Monster plays through an unused FM station! Source, pick FM. Low end (87.9) has lots of static over my audiobook, but 107.7 was clear. No wires, just magic! Ready for road trip!
thanks for your help.