Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Music and Station Pre-Sets

MikeS.

Reactions
It takes at least a minute after start up before I can change pre-set stations. I know it doesn't seem like a long time, but when you're driving and can't change the station, it really is. Sometimes the music will change, but the screen won't. It will play a new station but the screen shows the original station. Plus, the colorful Siruis XM icons on the pre-sets don't show up until you press them, no matter how long the Explorer has been running. I just see a generic channel number in white, like "71". But after you select it, it will read "Holiday Favorites" in color. Is any of this normal?

Reactions
Same on mine. The infotainment speed and graphics on this car leave a lot to be desired.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
It may be slow compared to some, but it's so far ahead of the Jaguar XF system that I had in my previous car. Imagine that you've backed out of your driveway and are down the road before the rear camera comes on! Imagine a NAV system so slow that it takes (and I am NOT exaggerating) a good 30-50 seconds to enter an address- and then 9 times out of 10 it can't find it! Imagine a minimum of 5 seconds in between each keypress on the touchscreen no matter what you're doing. And then imagine a dealer that charges $300 for oil changes tell you "It's normal".

Reactions
Mine has always done this since new to some extent and has improved slightly with the latest Sync update, (v3.4.21194) but it’s still not quite 100%. First I would do a hard reset and see where that gets you. With engine running, hold the power button and seek up until the Sync screen reboots. After a few minutes you may notice an improvement with the Sirius channel icons. Then, I would connect to a WiFi network and check if there are any over the air updates. Updating to the latest version should cure most of your issues. Mine is still a little laggy right after start up if you try to change presets too quickly but it doesn’t cut off the audio like it did prior to the update. If the channel icons still don’t display with the latest update then it may be worth having Sirius send a refresh signal

CoastieN70

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Reactions
I use voice commands to change the station when I first start out. This also seems to speed up the screen preset also...