Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

More goodies: FenFabrication Cold air intake and IC Piping

Boss240

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST, 2012 Boss Mustang, 2019 Audi S4
Damn at $850 I guess I won't be getting an intake

Reactions
Damn at $850 I guess I won't be getting an intake
K&N and aFe should have one out by the end of the year for around $300. I have the aFe on my wife's Edge ST, looks good enough under the hood and gives it just enough extra engine noise. It's pretty basic, just replaces the top half of the factory air filter box. I'll likely wait until they release their version for the Explorer, unless K&N's seems like a better buy.

Boss240

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST, 2012 Boss Mustang, 2019 Audi S4
K&N and aFe should have one out by the end of the year for around $300. I have the aFe on my wife's Edge ST, looks good enough under the hood and gives it just enough extra engine noise. It's pretty basic, just replaces the top half of the factory air filter box. I'll likely wait until they release their version for the Explorer, unless K&N's seems like a better buy.
Thanks. I'll keep an eye out.

Reactions
Is the blow off valve converted to a mechanical (vacuum) style instead of the electrically controlled?

Reactions
Thanks. I'll keep an eye out.
AFE is closer to $600. Already available for preorder. FYI.
Yeh, my estimate was based off the assumption aFe would offer something similar to what they have for the Edge ST. Sorry if I got your hopes up. At the time they didn't give me a price, they just gave me a target date. I pre-ordered mine for around $400, they have since set the price higher. K&N still keeps kicking the can down the road, I don't know that they will have anything anytime soon.

gpracer69

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Few people have asked about BOV details so sharing here:

Turbosmart Race Port TS-0204-1132 BOV Link: https://www.turbosmart.com/product/gen-v-race-port-black/

It comes with the "blue" spring (18 InHg) and you need to add the "orange" spring (8 InHg)

Spring needed under parts/accessories: https://www.turbosmart.com/product/bov-race-port-8-inhg-orange-inhg/
Do you really need the Orange spring? I bought the FenFab Charging pipe with TurboSmart BOV and it only came with the Blue spring.

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Do you really need the Orange spring? I bought the FenFab Charging pipe with TurboSmart BOV and it only came with the Blue spring.
Kruppa will not answer. He is not on here anymore. But no if you ordered from Brett he most likely sent you the raceport option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Kruppa does sometimes lurk here. Last seen Sunday at 6:40pm. Considering he is now installing a 4" dual exhaust, perhaps he was reading my exhaust thread? ;)

Last edited:
Reactions
Kruppa will not answer. He is not on here anymore. But no if you ordered from Brett he most likely sent you the raceport option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have had stock, then turbosmart, then what brett sent. For sound the turbosmart was much louder. You really have to be listening to hear what Brett sent blow off.