Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Metric Gauge Cluster

Reactions
Vehicle
2002 Ford Mustang
So my used 2020 Explorer ST was originally from Canada. I loaded up FORSCAN for the first time and started changing simple things like Double-honk and fog lights running with high beam. One of the times that I wrote the changes, my gauge cluster defaulted to metric including; odometer, fuel economy, speedometer, and distance left to E.

I never touched the 'units' but yet it wrote this change. Anyone ever see this happen or know a way to get it back to imperial units? I think I saw where it can be changed so I'm probably fine but would love to know before I start getting into big trouble.

PXL_20221018_235439735.jpg

OP
B
Reactions
Vehicle
2002 Ford Mustang
Thread Starter #2
From what I found, I did not actually write to the computer that the gauge cluster would be in metric, it just reset to default. You can change your units in your gauge cluster in your center stack infotainment system under 'General Settings'.

PXL_20221020_185247455.jpg

Something that I think is still different about my vehicle than most in the United States is my speedometer is default in km/h which is how I bought it used from a Honda dealership. In the settings menu of the gauge cluster I can add MPH which shifts the km/h down and makes it smaller and shows the speed in MPH above it.

I don't know where this setting is sitting but I might just ask Ford if they can change it while I bring the vehicle in for a few other things. It's not a big deal because luckily the MPH is larger than the km/h when selected but still makes it smaller than necessary.

Tripper

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Lincoln Navigator
Did you get this changed so your display can show mph only? I have the same issue.