Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Master Reset, screen won't turn back on

Reactions
My navigation was glitching after an update on 5/7/23 so I did a master reset. Screen went black and never came back. Only one time did the rear camera active but for only a few seconds, then went black again. I'm reading that some report issues with a low battery. Anyone do a reset and not get the screen back?

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Did you try rebooting SYNC (hold down PWR + FFWD)?

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Fast forward on radio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Also, by Power, we are talking the audio power not the ignition button. You can reboot this even while driving if SYNC is acting wonky or the GPS is acting up. I've done this over 100 times in the past 4 years, lol.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Also, by Power, we are talking the audio power not the ignition button. You can reboot this even while driving if SYNC is acting wonky or the GPS is acting up. I've done this over 100 times in the past 4 years, lol.
Damn 100? I’ve done it about 5 times when my Nav screen shows me circling the same point even though I’m 5 miles away

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Damn 100? I’ve done it about 5 times when my Nav screen shows me circling the same point even though I’m 5 miles away

It's no exaggeration. I used to get the no GPS sign and incorrect position all the time. After the first year, several SYNC updates, and one APIM firmware update, that problem seems to have resolved itself. Then there were just wonky issues with Sync display. More lately in the past year, Carplay was screwy. Nothing major but annoying. Nowadays, it's one reboot every month or so.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Rebooted today while driving. There was no radio before the reboot.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
This is me and prob 50 times myself. while driving and parked. it fixes the issue every time so far. I have the blue screen recall I just have not taken it in.

Angel

Reactions
Vehicle
Ford explorer st 2023
My navigation was glitching after an update on 5/7/23 so I did a master reset. Screen went black and never came back. Only one time did the rear camera active but for only a few seconds, then went black again. I'm reading that some report issues with a low battery. Anyone do a reset and not get the screen back?
Me too. SMH today for my navigation was glitching and also a black screen.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
This thread was around the time the previous Sync version 22251 was wreaking havoc. Make sure you are on 23188, the latest Sync version. If not go to the Ford owners site and download it to make an upgrade USB stick.

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
I thought my resets were often doing one every couple months. Road trips over 3hrs the system will reset itself while driving at least once lol.