Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Looking for some forum ideas and feedback

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to make this thread for anyone to provide feedback, ideas or anything they would like to see on the community. You can also DM me privately as well.

Thanks for being a part of this ST community.

Reactions
I may have missed it but i think a "fastest list" would be cool. Place for guys to list mods and times. Don't allow any other BS in the thread other then list and times and keep track of the fastest at the top.

OP
STFan

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
I may have missed it but i think a "fastest list" would be cool. Place for guys to list mods and times. Don't allow any other BS in the thread other then list and times and keep track of the fastest at the top.
Great idea. We may need one for dynos as well

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Just wanted to say this is an excellent forum. Nice layout and features.

Reactions
Not so much a forum layout suggestion, but maybe try to work with some vendors to get us a package deal on BPU stuff?

Tune, I/C, DP, and exhaust for example?

locoliberty

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
The forum could really use some good stickies and how-to section like the old days.
With many many common questions happening over and over again, "use the search" is like looking for a needle in a haystack. a halfway decent FAQ, with maybe a few thread links would be super beneficial in different topic sections.

Last edited:
OP
STFan

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Thread Starter #7
The forum could really use some good stickies and how-to section like the old days.
With many many common questions happening over and over again, "use the search" is like looking for a needle in a haystack. a halfway decent FAQ, with maybe a few thread links would be super beneficial in different topic sections.
Good idea, if there's anything that sticks out in terms of sticky worthy just let me know.

locoliberty

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
Good idea, if there's anything that sticks out in terms of sticky worthy just let me know.
I know admin/mod work is a thankless and payless job, but i think most appropriate here, as far as I can tell. would be a FAQ in the engine performance section and maybe a new how-to section. Some things off the top of my head would be a performance FAQ that lists out performance mods and opinion reasons on doing them(opinions like, adding a BOV for PSSSHHH noises is cool, but doesnt give you HP), plus links out to fenfab vs AFE intake mega thread or AFE testing info. stuff like that.

Its self indulgent, but something like my recent thread(which could be better) for adding the temp display back to 22+ models will eventually get lost and having it stickied somewhere. will save members time, and save a whole lot of others answering that its been done in other threads - https://www.explorerst.org/threads/...-21-temp-display-to-22.4553/page-3#post-64206

With the above how-to, we could debate on having a how-to section. which might get cluttered, or creating a sticky per topical section for a FAQ that gets updated with how-tos and explanations of the most common things the hive mind sees. A good example as the platform ages would be for general, "buying a new explorer ST, what to look for" and point out things like the front windsheild defrost recall, and the diff recall ect.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
"I think" other then sticky's like said above for the basic questions this place is on point. Maybe get a sponsor to post a weekly tec tip or product high light even one of your mods could do that im sure. There are a few guys here that know this SUV like the back of their hand.(def not me lol)

This is the 3rd year same ST the traffic will pick up soon as a new one is released I would think.

There is a lot of members that read posts and dont actually post. I wouldn't doubt that is partly due to some "smart ass" replys I have seen here. Dont bother me but this isn't my first rodeo. I used to moderate on a few "PED" websites. I would make posts asking for more input and members with zero post would PM me saying they dont want to post cuz they dont want to get flamed. You will always get guys that dont agree with each other thats just life but If someone was to ask "hey whats the best gas to run" and someone replied with a smart ass comment then all his band wagon friends jump in and reply the same, that scares people off. Ive seen it a many times. Maybe it has been asked 100 times or its a basic question but the bad replys run people off.

Of course these are just my opinions and what I have seen in the past. excuse my spelling and punctuation

OP
STFan

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
OP
STFan

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Thread Starter #12
I know admin/mod work is a thankless and payless job, but i think most appropriate here, as far as I can tell. would be a FAQ in the engine performance section and maybe a new how-to section. Some things off the top of my head would be a performance FAQ that lists out performance mods and opinion reasons on doing them(opinions like, adding a BOV for PSSSHHH noises is cool, but doesnt give you HP), plus links out to fenfab vs AFE intake mega thread or AFE testing info. stuff like that.

Its self indulgent, but something like my recent thread(which could be better) for adding the temp display back to 22+ models will eventually get lost and having it stickied somewhere. will save members time, and save a whole lot of others answering that its been done in other threads - https://www.explorerst.org/threads/...-21-temp-display-to-22.4553/page-3#post-64206

With the above how-to, we could debate on having a how-to section. which might get cluttered, or creating a sticky per topical section for a FAQ that gets updated with how-tos and explanations of the most common things the hive mind sees. A good example as the platform ages would be for general, "buying a new explorer ST, what to look for" and point out things like the front windsheild defrost recall, and the diff recall ect.

Thanks, I'll try to put something together.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
"I think" other then sticky's like said above for the basic questions this place is on point. Maybe get a sponsor to post a weekly tec tip or product high light even one of your mods could do that im sure. There are a few guys here that know this SUV like the back of their hand.(def not me lol)

This is the 3rd year same ST the traffic will pick up soon as a new one is released I would think.

There is a lot of members that read posts and dont actually post. I wouldn't doubt that is partly due to some "smart ass" replys I have seen here. Dont bother me but this isn't my first rodeo. I used to moderate on a few "PED" websites. I would make posts asking for more input and members with zero post would PM me saying they dont want to post cuz they dont want to get flamed. You will always get guys that dont agree with each other thats just life but If someone was to ask "hey whats the best gas to run" and someone replied with a smart ass comment then all his band wagon friends jump in and reply the same, that scares people off. Ive seen it a many times. Maybe it has been asked 100 times or its a basic question but the bad replys run people off.

Of course these are just my opinions and what I have seen in the past. excuse my spelling and punctuation
I agree there has been a few smart ass comments. But to me they are few and far between. There are so many positive comments and reply's with members trying to help I really don't see that as an issue. Try looking at Facebook, it's the complete opposite. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I agree there has been a few smart ass comments. But to me they are few and far between. There are so many positive comments and reply's with members trying to help I really don't see that as an issue. Try looking at Facebook, it's the complete opposite. Just my 2 cents.
FB is insane I agree but it only takes one and people get turned off. I have a PM right now after I posted with someone not posting in this thread due to him not wanting a flame war. I agree with him just pass don’t bother but that don’t help this site any. The more active members the better.
I’ve been on the back end of many websites like this trust me it’s an issue everywhere and talked about by moderators a lot. You just don’t see them unless your a moderator.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer Platinum
It seems to me that there are a set of standard modifications with one to a few options for each. My thoughts are two fold:
1. Have a section discussing the differences for each ie Steeda vs H&R vs Lethal, what are the pros and cons for each, perhaps include picture to further illustrate, how-tos would be great a well
2. Have a separate section for the "non-standard" or advanced modifications ie @UNBROKEN has a killer audio build thread and @TMac has a single turbo thread. Not everyone, or perhaps not many, will follow in their foot steps, but it's fun to see people pushing the envelope. Kevin really pushed the envelope. Either he didn't post much about his journey, or I haven't found those threads yet. I'm hoping I'm not alone here, but I'd love to get inspiration on how to push this platform even farther than the standard bolt-on/tune modifications. Hope this all made sense. I'm researching a few "unique" mods and would be happy to share my findings as well, should there be interest, so I'm not just looking to mooch off of others :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
BMW X5, Black 2020 ST
@STFan I would suggest a Itrader rating for users. I've used this for many years on Bimmerpost and it's been great for for sale transactions and feedback.

Attachments

OP
STFan

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Thread Starter #17
@STFan I would suggest a Itrader rating for users. I've used this for many years on Bimmerpost and it's been great for for sale transactions and feedback.
Thanks, will look into it.