Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Livernoise tune

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I think you ZFG guys are getting way overworked about all this. In no way is he saying he got 4.0. Is he in the 4s range? Quite possibly. Like I said before, anyone who gets worked up about the numbers or is wanting to be top dog or enjoys putting "lesser" tunes down should NOT be getting any canned tuned, including the Livernois. Maybe someone should start a ZFG thread to talk numbers and put down other non-ZFG tunes.

CoastieN70

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Reactions
I have the Livernois tune and like yours it was free. I went from 0-60 in 5.1 seconds stock to 4.78 with the tune. This was verified with a very accurate timing device called Dragy. Your results are atypical from what others are seeing with the same tune and that's why it's being questioned. Is it possible your manual timing is accurate, yes but it would also mean Livernois updated their tune.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I posted what I saw. Basically a full second quicker 0-60 run, multiple runs. Does Livernois update their tunes? According to them they do and from my experience with them with Ranger tunes they most certainly do.
I dislike being called a liar just because my response doesn't fit others preconceived notions.
As I stated previously, I don't want to be the fastest ST on the planet but I wanted that little extra oomph I got from My Livernois tune.
I will leave the TUNE WARS to the Tune Commandos as I could care less...

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Amazing! Just because you want the fastest ST on the planet and you drop a bunch of money to do so and then along comes ME and I get significant gains with just a tune YOU scoff at you call me a liar!
Well bit my ass!
Let's just say that I got what I wanted and you are still chasing your dream...
Nobody is calling you a liar. Obviously you have a quicker vehicle with a tune.
But...stopwatches won’t cut it in a world of GPS devices. You didn’t go 4.0...sorry.

LokiWolf

Reactions
No tune war...just wanting an accurate 0-60 time. I would love to get an accurate LMS based 0-60.

Never called you a Liar. Not once. I believe you saw what you saw. I am merely discrediting the accuracy of your numbers.

Let’s discuss that for a moment. The reaction time for you to press a button 2 times, and the fact the Speedo’s on most cars from the factory are not accurate. Even the crappy 0-60 apps on a phone would be better...

Enjoy your tune...I have no doubt it is quicker than stock!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LokiWolf

Reactions
I think you ZFG guys are getting way overworked about all this. In no way is he saying he got 4.0. Is he in the 4s range? Quite possibly. Like I said before, anyone who gets worked up about the numbers or is wanting to be top dog or enjoys putting "lesser" tunes down should NOT be getting any canned tuned, including the Livernois. Maybe someone should start a ZFG thread to talk numbers and put down other non-ZFG tunes.
He is definitely in the 4’s, but he said 4 Flat...which is just not accurate. Big difference between being in the 4’s at 4.9, and saying it was a 4 Flat.

I am not putting down the tune. Out of the box it is perfectly good I am sure, but is it ridiculous for me to want an accurate measurement? I really want to see an accurate measurement on an LMS tuned ST.

I ran LMS on my Edge Sport for over a year and half. It was good. They made 1 revision in that time, and total have only made 3. The tune hasn’t changed since the Rev3 several years ago...I hope they do better on the Explorer ST!

LokiWolf

Reactions
Amazing! Just because you want the fastest ST on the planet and you drop a bunch of money to do so and then along comes ME and I get significant gains with just a tune YOU scoff at you call me a liar!
Well bit my ass!
Let's just say that I got what I wanted and you are still chasing your dream...
I am a TUNE ONLY ST. No upgraded IC, not lowered, nothing other than a tune. So credits for my MPVI2 and a custom tune. About $400 since I already owned the MPVI2. That is all. No bunch of money. So annoyed with people saying that I dropped a bunch of money. Stock 21’s and Tires...

PS - Best 93 0-60 is 4.02, Best E50 is 3.72. Those are both standing on the brake boosted launches.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I am a TUNE ONLY ST. No upgraded IC, not lowered, nothing other than a tune. So credits for my MPVI2 and a custom tune. About $400 since I already owned the MPVI2. That is all. No bunch of money. So annoyed with people saying that I dropped a bunch of money. Stock 21’s and Tires...
So $300 for the device, $400 for the tune. $150 for the Dragy... That's $850 for your setup vs. $499 for the Livernois? And what you get is bragging rights and what you think is a better position to trash talk?? Otherwise when all's said and done, there is no difference. I'll give you $100 for the ability to show gears all the time, because that's something Livernois doesn't have that I would pay $100 for if someone could make that happen.

LokiWolf

Reactions
So $300 for the device, $400 for the tune. $150 for the Dragy... That's $850 for your setup vs. $499 for the Livernois? And what you get is bragging rights and what you think is a better position to trash talk?? Otherwise when all's said and done, there is no difference. I'll give you $100 for the ability to show gears all the time, because that's something Livernois doesn't have that I would pay $100 for if someone could make that happen.
My response was to the fact that people keep assuming including CoastieN70 is his comment that I have tons invested. I was correcting that.

https://www.tunedbyzfgracing.com/product-page/zfg-racing-custom-tune-rtd-standard

Looks like $599 to me, if we are going to list sale prices...which the $499 from LMS is. So there is your $100!

My MPVI2 is on the 5th vehicle I have used it for. If I still owned all of them, I could be using that one device to continue tuning on all 5. Unlike LMS’s My Calibrator device. You need 1 per vehicle. I also own a 2020 Expedition that is tuned at the same time.

I own a My Calibrator. I speak from experience! I used it on my Expedition for 1 tank full before I switched it over to ZFG also. Before it was used to tune my Edge.

The Dragy has ZERO to do with the tuning. That is just an accurate measuring device. My local track is not open.

CoastieN70

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Reactions
Gentleman! I said what I said and I stand by what I saw. I will without hesitation admit that my time measurement is not the most accurate BUT I did drop my 0-60 time by minimum 1 second and possible a scouse more.
Although no one outright called me a liar, the responses presented implied as much, hence the raising of my dander.
I knew nothing of "Draggy" until I googled it a few minutes ago, taken at it's advertised claims (I don't dispute them) it looks like a cool toy for someone who is truly into that kind of thing. A few years ago I would have forked over some of my hard earned dollars for such a device but I don't need to satisfy that urge any more.
So, when all is said and done my ST is faster with it's Livernois tune and I am happy and LokiWolf and others are satisfied with their tunes and their Draggy verifications.
My feelings are not hurt and I hope I did not upset anyone with my responses...