Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Livernoise tune

Reactions
I'm looking around comparing tunes, and I'm surprised livernoise claims 385/478 whp/wtq compared to 350/419 for pbd.

These are both 93 tunes.

Anyone with a livernoise tune have any feedback on it?
I'd prefer to go with the safest tune, even if that means leaving some hp on the table.

This is my DD and I don't want to blow it up.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

Reactions
I have the Livernois and run it on 93, I cant compare to any other tunes out there, but I have been pleased with it this far

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
The Livernois tune is not a custom tune. The performance tune I got is for 91-93 octane. Those two facts tell me you probably aren't going to get the maximum performance that a custom tune will get you from datalogging your vehicle. I would also take absolute numbers with a grain of salt. Different dyno's produce different numbers. You also don't know under what conditions. I too am pleased with my Livernois tune.

Reactions
I just loaded it on mine today. The runs are traction limited. If you turn off traction control at launch it spins all 4 tires. Not sure how to get a good launch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
I just loaded it on mine today. The runs are traction limited. If you turn off traction control at launch it spins all 4 tires. Not sure how to get a good launch.

Is that an ethanol tune?
Or 93?

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

Reactions
93 tune with a full tank of 93. Also note the weather.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions
I used to live right down the road from Livernois, they have a long-standing "great" rep. Be curious to see your numbers when it cools off.

Reactions
I used to live right down the road from Livernois, they have a long-standing "great" rep. Be curious to see your numbers when it cools off.
Hey, check the mustang forums and some other F150s, rep has gone way down and their lead tuner left a few months ago and he was the one who really knew WTF he was doing.....

CoastieN70

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Reactions
I ran the LIVERNOIS performance tune in my Explorer Sport and loved it!
When I switched to the Ranger I again loaded a LIVERNOIS tune in it and the tune was AWESOME!
Guess who's tune I will load in my new ST!?! ;)
I just have to send my tuner back to them for reprograming, then it's "Off To The Races!" :cool:

LokiWolf

Reactions
I ran the LIVERNOIS performance tune in my Explorer Sport and loved it!
When I switched to the Ranger I again loaded a LIVERNOIS tune in it and the tune was AWESOME!
Guess who's tune I will load in my new ST!?! ;)
I just have to send my tuner back to them for reprograming, then it's "Off To The Races!" :cool:
You will be winning Zero races vs any other ST tuned by PBD or the current leader ZFG. Sorry, but it is truth. My 93 Tune from ZFG is faster than their E30 Tune. You need to consider changing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions
I had the Livernois 2016 tune and cai it dropped a second of my 0-60 time. The tune for the 2020 was 4/10s. I am saving for another tune.

LokiWolf

Reactions
I had the Livernois 2016 tune and cai it dropped a second of my 0-60 time. The tune for the 2020 was 4/10s. I am saving for another tune.

Yep! My 0-60 93 dropped over a second! To 4.06 to be exact. That is ZFG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions
Yep! My 0-60 93 dropped over a second! To 4.06 to be exact. That is ZFG.

What was it stick and is that the 93 octane tune

LokiWolf

Reactions
What was it stick and is that the 93 octane tune

5.4 was my best stock, but I hadn’t really gotten the hang of launching it. Yes 4.06 Stock with a ZFG 93 Tune...

CoastieN70

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Reactions
You will be winning Zero races vs any other ST tuned by PBD or the current leader ZFG. Sorry, but it is truth. My 93 Tune from ZFG is faster than their E30 Tune. You need to consider changing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I am an "Old Guy" who just wants a little extra oomph. If I was a younger man I just might be interested in sticking a ton of after market parts and a Wizz Bang Tune from whatever "alphabet tune" company is all the rage today.
LIVERNOIS makes a great product that won't break the bank or my vehicle so I will stick with them.

I belong to a few other boards and I always found it interesting that LIVERNOIS threads are hijacked guys who run a tune other than LIVERNOIS. I get it, you spent your hard earned cash on the latest and greatest and you want to validate your choice, that's cool, but still...

Oh and BTW, when everyone started tuning the 2019 Ranger, LIVERNOIS was the only company that had a 90+ percent satisfaction rating right out of the box. ALL the "alphabet companies" had BIG growing pains. That's not to say that the "alphabets" didn't sort out their shortfalls and come up with great products but LIVERNOIS did it coming out of the gate... :)

Reactions
CoastieN70, I’m on your side being an old fart myself. Good seat of the pants difference along with good shift characteristics. There’s always something faster out there. I happen to have one sharing the garage with the ST. Jim

Reactions
I am an "Old Guy" who just wants a little extra oomph. If I was a younger man I just might be interested in sticking a ton of after market parts and a Wizz Bang Tune from whatever "alphabet tune" company is all the rage today.
LIVERNOIS makes a great product that won't break the bank or my vehicle so I will stick with them.

I belong to a few other boards and I always found it interesting that LIVERNOIS threads are hijacked guys who run a tune other than LIVERNOIS. I get it, you spent your hard earned cash on the latest and greatest and you want to validate your choice, that's cool, but still...

Oh and BTW, when everyone started tuning the 2019 Ranger, LIVERNOIS was the only company that had a 90+ percent satisfaction rating right out of the box. ALL the "alphabet companies" had BIG growing pains. That's not to say that the "alphabets" didn't sort out their shortfalls and come up with great products but LIVERNOIS did it coming out of the gate... :)
You sir, are a legend. That is all.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Some tuners play it very safe and give you a nice power bump that will make the majority of people happy. They aren’t in the HP war race and that’s great...there’s a market for those tunes. That’s why Banks still sells so many diesel tuners. They’ll never be the fastest but that’s not the market they’re hunting. Livernois falls in that category and they’ve made a nice living doing it.
I’m an old guy myself...but I want it all. They were never an option for me.

LokiWolf

Reactions
Some tuners play it very safe and give you a nice power bump that will make the majority of people happy. They aren’t in the HP war race and that’s great...there’s a market for those tunes. That’s why Banks still sells so many diesel tuners. They’ll never be the fastest but that’s not the market they’re hunting. Livernois falls in that category and they’ve made a nice living doing it.
I’m an old guy myself...but I want it all. They were never an option for me.
This.

Also an old guy.

ZFG is plenty safe. You don’t have to push it. ZFG will tweak it to your preferences, and still be quicker.

I have run a bunch on various EB vehicles over the past 6 years. LMS, HyperTech, BCB, 5Star, and now ZFG.

I used LMS(Look at that...alphabet tuner) for over a year on my 16 Edge Sport. Also used them for about a month on my 2020 Expedition. It was perfectly fine on the Edge. On the Expedition it was terrible! Even the wife thought so! Shifts were all over the place. Power was inconsistent at best. Just bad. We aren’t talking a new platform. Same motor and Trans as 18 and 19. That was after waiting for several weeks for my first tune. I contacted them after I documented the issues, and gave them VERY specific feedback. I got a tweaked tune back in over a week. It was a little better. I sent feedback, and they said they would send it to a calibrator to make additional adjustments. That was 2.5 months ago. I have since switched it to ZFG also. It is quicker, and shifting is spot on.

LMS has 2 shortcomings for me. Response time, and the Tuning Hardware. It is proprietary and only used by them. It isn’t good and can do VERY limited logging.

My 2 cents!

LokiWolf

Reactions

Haha! You specifically said “Off to the Races”...

So in response to that statement, I said you would win zero. It is true. So far LMS has proven to be the slowest of the 4 most popular tuners for the ST.

The order from slowest to quickest:

LMS
5Star
PBD
ZFG

Just facts...Sorry.