Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Lease information (how much /month and how much down)?

Reactions
How much are you guys paying for your ST lease and how much are you putting down if any?

Reactions
I was quoted around $600 a month with $0 down. But I decided to finance instead.

Reactions
I don't understand why people lease vehicles....?
Leasing works great for some people. I actually prefer to lease, I get new cars every 3 years and don't have to worry about negative equity. No surprises. I also find that I enjoy the car more because I'm not overly anal about it because it isn't mine.

Reactions
To the OP, if you're interested in leasing go to Edmunds forums and do some research, lease rates and residuals are typically available and you can calculate what a fair payment is.

Reactions
Leasing works great for some people. I actually prefer to lease, I get new cars every 3 years and don't have to worry about negative equity. No surprises. I also find that I enjoy the car more because I'm not overly anal about it because it isn't mine.
do you barely drive then? i drive around 25k miles per year

OP
FutureSTowner
Reactions
Thread Starter #9
I was quoted around $600 a month with $0 down. But I decided to finance instead.
is that with excellent credit? i just received a message in the mail for a key for key event and they offer 0% int for 84mths/no payments for 6mths and this dealer will pay my first month up to 750bucs depending on what options and what i qualify for! I am going ot check it out on SATurday, wish me luck for my SPRUCE ST!!

Reactions
do you barely drive then? i drive around 25k miles per year
Leasing is an excellent option for people looking to save money monthly, and who don't keep cars for very long. I have 3 vehicles, the Explorer is the only lease, the other two are paid off. We drive the Explorer less than 10,000 miles per year. The 2015 Sport we had only had 24,000 miles on it after 3 years, and the 2018 Sport we have now only has 16,000 on it. Leasing it for us makes sense.

OP, as for lease pricing, here is what I am looking at.

MSRP of $60k, discounted down to $52k, putting $2k down, $639/month for 36 months.

Kfabiano

Reactions
Selling price was around 47-48k before TT&L
3k down
$649 / month for 36 months with 15k per year allowed

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Never put anything down on a lease. It’s wasted money.

Kfabiano

Reactions
Never put anything down on a lease. It’s wasted money.
My “down payment” went to sales tax, title, registration, dealer fees and lease fees. Didn’t feel like paying monthly for those things

Reactions
Residual value plummets after 3 to 4 years, true bumper to bumper warranty is non-existent after 3 years. Unfortunately, the quality / durability is not in this vehicle for the long haul. I really like this ST, but will return it at or before the 36th month. 1K down $621 for 36 months. $60,360 Sticker