Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Interceptor amber DRL's on Explorer St

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Well... I just ordered a OBDLink MX+ OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner which should arrive today, I'm definitely going to do this tonight! Love the look!

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Love the amber but can’t stand the delay, still debating if I want to turn it off or leave it on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Anyone found a way to not have a delay when DRL are on too?

Reactions
Anyone found a way to not have a delay when DRL are on too?

Like the delay of the outside turn signal that you only see in a window or a cars bumper in front of you? If so.. it's like less than half a second off!

Definitely worth the millisecond delay to have them on with the DRLs

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Like the delay of the outside turn signal that you only see in a window or a cars bumper in front of you? If so.. it's like less than half a second off!

Definitely worth the millisecond delay to have them on with the DRLs
Yeah it's not bad at all, just kind of annoying but I love the look of it too much to turn it off lol

Reactions
Yeah it's not bad at all, just kind of annoying but I love the look of it too much to turn it off lol
Not as bad as what I managed to do.. I've grown to love it though. I somehow switched a setting while messing with all the lights so now whenever I use a turn signal... that respective fog light turns OFF.. definitely funky but I like it.

I was at lowes last night and turned my 4 way flashers on and both fog lights were off haha

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer
Thanks for figuring this out guys. I wish the white dtrl can be off but this works for now. Did mines too View attachment 6735
The white DRL can be turned off from inside the truck using the Entertainment screen (sync 3) look for vehicle settings, then lighting, then their should be a toggle switch to push on the screen to take off the white portion of the daytime running lights.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
The white DRL can be turned off from inside the truck using the Entertainment screen (sync 3) look for vehicle settings, then lighting, then their should be a toggle switch to push on the screen to take off the white portion of the daytime running lights.
That won't work, it'll turn off both the DRL and the Amber lights if you've enabled it in Forscan.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
What is the delay?
Just a slight delay in the turn signals going on after you initiate it. Nothing bad at all, I'm used to it.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Just a slight delay in the turn signals going on after you initiate it. Nothing bad at all, I'm used to it.
Yeah not sure that would bother me. Is it also delayed on the dash screen or just the actual led light? Anyone have any videos of this? I’ve seen the pictures, just curious in a video.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Yeah not sure that would bother me. Is it also delayed on the dash screen or just the actual led light? Anyone have any videos of this? I’ve seen the pictures, just curious in a video.
I'll try to get a video, I'd need a mirror or something up front to visually show you the delay as you signal though lol

Reactions
Sorry to bring up an old thread. Just to make sure I'm understanding this correctly, we can have Amber DRLs and a functioning turn signal, but it's slightly delayed?

What other parameters in forscan to be changed?

OP
Ghost117

Ghost117

Reactions
Thread Starter #54
Sorry to bring up an old thread. Just to make sure I'm understanding this correctly, we can have Amber DRLs and a functioning turn signal, but it's slightly delayed?

What other parameters in forscan to be changed?
Don't be sorry, happy to help.

So the only thing you can do is set it up so that the normal drl white lights are on and the turn signals stay in with them. Then when you use a turn signal there's a slight delay, the white drl shuts off on that side, then the turn signal blinks on that side. This also only works during the day.

My advice is don't even bother because it's a lot of trouble to get that to work and the results aren't perfect.

From my understanding the lights and programming on the interceptor police vehicles are different so there's no easy way to mimic them with the civilian explorer

i8iridium

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
New guy here! New to this Gen of Explorer, but definitely not new to Forscan.

@Ghost117 - The change you need is in the module config AS-BUILT part of the BdyCM. They don't have it built into the plain text yet. The change you're looking for is the following:

726-42-01 x4x4 xxxx xxXX - Sets the White DRL to fixed position, meaning they're dim when the headlight is on, and off when the car is in normal drive mode, daytime.

726-43-01 x1x1 xxxx xxXX - Sets Turn to Turn and DRL. Pic below. It's shown with the car in N and a flashlight on the light sensor to keep the headlights off.

Not sure of your familiarity with editing the AS-BUILT, but the little x means just leave the value as is, and big X is the checksum. It'll give you an error that it doesn't match, but It'll fix it when you write.

As always, BACK UP your stock config first!

image1(1).jpeg

OP
Ghost117

Ghost117

Reactions
Thread Starter #56
New guy here! New to this Gen of Explorer, but definitely not new to Forscan.

@Ghost117 - The change you need is in the module config AS-BUILT part of the BdyCM. They don't have it built into the plain text yet. The change you're looking for is the following:

726-42-01 x4x4 xxxx xxXX - Sets the White DRL to fixed position, meaning they're dim when the headlight is on, and off when the car is in normal drive mode, daytime.

726-43-01 x1x1 xxxx xxXX - Sets Turn to Turn and DRL. Pic below. It's shown with the car in N and a flashlight on the light sensor to keep the headlights off.

Not sure of your familiarity with editing the AS-BUILT, but the little x means just leave the value as is, and big X is the checksum. It'll give you an error that it doesn't match, but It'll fix it when you write.

As always, BACK UP your stock config first!

View attachment 16979
I haven't felt comfortable enough to mess with anything more than the simple changes. I'd like to try this but I have some questions if you don't mind.

So doing what you did, that will cause the desired effect by having the amber lights on as DRL's? if so, will the stay on at night too? And the last one I can think of, will this allow to the turn signals to work regularly, or does this cause that weird delay?

If you got all that to work just from that, would you be willing to take a picture of how it looks at night, like do the white drl's stay dim with the amber ones on at night, if that makes sense. And would you be able to take a picture of the forscan module page that you edited? I'm just always nervous with messing with any systems like that.

I appreciate any help you can provide.

i8iridium

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I haven't felt comfortable enough to mess with anything more than the simple changes. I'd like to try this but I have some questions if you don't mind.

So doing what you did, that will cause the desired effect by having the amber lights on as DRL's? if so, will the stay on at night too? And the last one I can think of, will this allow to the turn signals to work regularly, or does this cause that weird delay?

If you got all that to work just from that, would you be willing to take a picture of how it looks at night, like do the white drl's stay dim with the amber ones on at night, if that makes sense. And would you be able to take a picture of the forscan module page that you edited? I'm just always nervous with messing with any systems like that.

I appreciate any help you can provide.
the picture I attached shows it as you would be driving, during the day. At night, it looks the same as stock. The white lights are dim and the amber is off.

there might be an option to make the amber stay on at night as well. I’ll check it out in the morning. As for the delay: it’s not really a delay, so to speak. Yes it’s delayed, but it’s basically timings with the signal the amber is already on, so the first blink of the turn is on, then it shuts off and blinks as normal. No way to get around that.

I’ll get a screenshot of the changes in the morning.

OP
Ghost117

Ghost117

Reactions
Thread Starter #58
the picture I attached shows it as you would be driving, during the day. At night, it looks the same as stock. The white lights are dim and the amber is off.

there might be an option to make the amber stay on at night as well. I’ll check it out in the morning. As for the delay: it’s not really a delay, so to speak. Yes it’s delayed, but it’s basically timings with the signal the amber is already on, so the first blink of the turn is on, then it shuts off and blinks as normal. No way to get around that.

I’ll get a screenshot of the changes in the morning.
I understand. Well that's good to know. I just wish I could completely switch over the DRL's to the turn signals and be able to access that through my car like the normal white ones, like turning them on and off whenever I want, and having them on day and night like the police interceptor, and just having the white DRL's no functional. Everything I've messed with feels like it's just got me partial results. Hell, I'd get used likes from a crashed interceptor, but I was already warned that they won't work in the civilian cars.

i8iridium

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Unfortunately, I couldn't configure the turn signals to work properly when the headlights are on, like you tested a while back. The only think I got was the white light staying off during the day like i pictured above. The highlighted part is what I changed.

Untitled.jpg

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Unfortunately, I couldn't configure the turn signals to work properly when the headlights are on, like you tested a while back. The only think I got was the white light staying off during the day like i pictured above. The highlighted part is what I changed.

View attachment 16994
So by changing this we’ll disable the white DRL and only enable the amber as DRL?

Everything else at night remains stock?

Explorer ST Posts