Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Interceptor amber DRL's on Explorer St

AshWaa

Reactions
I had it on, but i ended up turning it off because i personally didn't like the delay. Get rid of the double honk, have fun playing around with it. Forscan is a great tool. Post on here if you can find out anything yourself.
Sure will! To be clear on how to properly change the double honk and have the cool lights on, is this what you do?

- "Double Honk On Leaving Cabine" Disable
- "DRL include park lamps" Enable

Thank you for the help.

Attachments

AshWaa

Reactions
To be clear on how to properly change the double honk and add cool lights from forscan, is this what you do?

Please let me know, thank you for the help!

Attachments

OP
Ghost117

Ghost117

Reactions
Thread Starter #23
To be clear on how to properly change the double honk and add cool lights from forscan, is this what you do?

Please let me know, thank you for the help!
you'll need to find right front turn lamp usage and left front turn lamp usage and switch those to turn and DRL. Don't set it to turn, drl AND position otherwise that's where we have the problem where it won't work as a turn signal.

AshWaa

Reactions
I followed your directions and the yellow lights didn’t pop up, but i’m sure it’s because I just did it at night. I found another configuration that says “Using DLR with turn signal” and the default option is “Inhibited.” Do I need to change this to “Allowed” in order to work? 9D42FC8D-4A99-4790-9D8A-5D8782EE4EE6.jpeg

OP
Ghost117

Ghost117

Reactions
Thread Starter #25
It only works in the daytime. There's no way for the turn signals to stay on at night.

AshWaa

Reactions
Yeah I understand that part. But do I additionally need to enable “Using DRL with turn signal”? Or is the only thing you need to change is right/left front lamp usage to turn and DRL? Thanks.

OP
Ghost117

Ghost117

Reactions
Thread Starter #27
You just need to turn on the left and right lamps. If you use the drl with turn signals that should keep the drl white lights on when you use the turn signals and it makes it harder for other cars to see your signals. I'd keep that inhibited but that's just my opinion.

AshWaa

Reactions
It works! But when I put the car in park while the car is still on it doesn’t show any light. Is there a way to fix this? I also didn't realize how bright it was with the white strip.

Last edited:
OP
Ghost117

Ghost117

Reactions
Thread Starter #29
It works! But when I put the car in park while the car is still on it doesn’t show any light. Is there a way to fix this? I also didn't realize how bright it was with the white strip.
Not that I know of. DRL's are only meant to be on while driving for most vehicles. If the turn signal function worked as intended with the "DRL, Turn, and on position" it would stay on, but that's the mystery right now as how to get that to function properly.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Last edited:

AshWaa

Reactions
- has a good explanation of the f-150. will check this today on the explorer

Reactions
I had it on, but i ended up turning it off because i personally didn't like the delay. Get rid of the double honk, have fun playing around with it. Forscan is a great tool. Post on here if you can find out anything yourself.
I'll link a couple of Facebook groups I've been a member of for a while. The members there have some really cool builds and current projects going on. Most of them are hardware builds, as in opening up the headlights and physically changing the parts, but you may be able to get some ideas or post what you want from your headlights and people can chime in with their ideas.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/HeadlightJunkies
https://www.facebook.com/groups/aftermarketlighting

Reactions
Thanks for figuring this out guys. I wish the white dtrl can be off but this works for now. Did mines too 20210711_112120.jpg

Reactions
Hey! New here, but I found out that you can have the fog lights come on with the DRL's too. I have that setup myself.

Reactions
Thanks for the help with this. I have the amber lights as DRL and love the look. I know someone said you can’t have them on with low beams but does that mean the interceptors have different headlights because they have the amber lights at night as well.
Anyone dig further with forscan to see if it’s possible?

Reactions
anyway to enable dark car mode w/Forscan?

Reactions
Thanks for the help with this. I have the amber lights as DRL and love the look. I know someone said you can’t have them on with low beams but does that mean the interceptors have different headlights because they have the amber lights at night as well.
Anyone dig further with forscan to see if it’s possible?
The PIUs have different headlights - they have integrated, or provisions for integrated red / blue warning lights as well as different color DRLs, they do not have white DLRs, only amber.