Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Install tips for front brake line replacement?

Reactions
I’m considering doing a set of RacingBrake front braided brake lines as part of the GT500 front brake upgrade on my ST. I’ve read a few anecdotal mentions of the soft line to hard lines fittings being a real PITA, but I haven’t seen any install tips or even much explanation as to exactly why it’s so difficult. That being said, does anyone have any feedback or input on how to replace the front brake lines?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Have an M10-1.5 threading die on hand and a lot of brake fluid because you’ll likely drain a couple of quarts through while you fight with the fittings.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
+1 on the brake fluid! And rags and brake cleaner. Also make sure you don’t let the brake reservoir run dry. Bleeding after a line change is bad enough, you don’t want to bleed the master if you dont have to. My vacuum bleeder has a bottle I install upside down into the reservoir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk