Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

If I were asked to redesign the ST...

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Rotate infotainment
Larger wireless charging phone pad
Black lugnuts
Hood struts
Add tow/recovery hook in front
Add comfort ride mode to dampen suspension for long trips
Add launch control or dragy like controls like the srt cars have
1000whp
Though I think the launch control is a bit of a step for factory inclusion on a 400 H.P. vehicle, I agree with everything you have said. I'd add 100 ponies from the factory too. If we can have everything we want, then heck why not launch control?

Reactions
Though I think the launch control is a bit of a step for factory inclusion on a 400 H.P. vehicle, I agree with everything you have said. I'd add 100 ponies from the factory too. If we can have everything we want, then heck why not launch control?
Holding out for a Flux Capacitor. Take that ZFG!

Jammin30

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
My bad...it’s the center screen I wish to darken while driving.
Yeah my 2011 Flex Limited has a simple button to turn down or off the center screen don't know why it was missed on these.

Jammin30

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I would also add a factory option for a trailer brake controller.

All exterior LED lights as other have mentioned.

It really should have come base with the trans tuning and engine performance the FP tune has to offer. Oh and 4 freaking bolts you know where.

Would love some customization of the instrument cluster like most other Ford vehicles at this price point. Even if it's with Forscan (F150)

I prefer would prefer that the top of the steering wheel be either CF or gloss black instead of fully wrapped in leather. Every other Ford vehicle we have had with the exception of or 2011 Flex limited (which has a hard piece of simulation wood grain there) I have worn out the padding/leather at the top of the wheel.

With all that being said this truck really checks tons of boxes for us and really enjoy it overall.

R2D2

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Very new to ST world.

At this point I want the ST to remember all the settings from the previous drive. (Drive mode, Auto start stop, break hold, etc.) Rest all are nitpicking.

Nice to have features, walk away Auto lock, HUD, conversation mirror, a toggle switch for FENG, manual override for third row folding, a second row middle seat that can removed (like new Pilot), more color options for exterior and interior. Front A pillar grab handle.

Not going into the Sync system and it's integration with phones and cameras. I feel the hardware is there, it's the HMI software and small ergonomic touches, that's missing. I hope the next generation gets wireless fast charger with wireless AA, CP.

And stop deleting useful features for every new MY, we will not compliant if you add more. Just make sure they are made available for everyone who wants it.

This one must be unique to me. I want everything ST offers, but an option to add a timberland package to it. Fast SUV with full off-road looks. Full disclosure, I have no intentions to take it to drag strips or rock crawling. Just want the looks when it's parked in Costco parking.

SR56

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I've seen a few folks mention rotating the big display. I like the idea, but I think it would be good if they just integrated it into the dash like Dodge and then format it properly to use the whole screen. Dodge really seems to have the layout worked out, although I've heard they have similar issues with AA not using the whole screen.

Ford's idea is like slapping in an aftermarket tablet on a bracket, even in the Lightning and Expedition which looks a little better than ours. I like the rotary dial, too. Easy to snatch it when you need instant up or down volume.

I'd also like to have the drive mode settings connected to the memory seat button. Hit the 1 or use the fob for that setting, and your seats, mirrors, and drive mode all automatically kick in.

Dodge Ram 1500

1672863746927.png

Expedition

1672863961815.png

Reactions
They should make the tablet removable so that you can connect it to a computer or wifi inside your house to perform updates.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
They should make the tablet removable so that you can connect it to a computer or wifi inside your house to perform updates.
I don't think it works that way...lol

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
I would also add a factory option for a trailer brake controller.
they have the port under the dash to connect a brake controller which is a PITA to get to and clip into. or you saying an OE trailer brake option?