Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

If I were asked to redesign the ST...

OP
B
Reactions
Thread Starter #22
Again…switch it to night mode. It’s better than the white screen day or night.
Roger that, however there are many times I just want it off entirely.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Roger, however there are many times I just want it off entirely.
I don't know how to respond to that. Duct tape I guess.

hbalek

Reactions
Roger that, however there are many times I just want it off entirely.
There's a calm screen and also an off feature in the DISPLAY settings menu on the center screen. When you touch it comes back on as does the calm screen which is just the clock and date.

OP
B
Reactions
Thread Starter #25
There's a calm screen and also an off feature in the DISPLAY settings menu on the center screen. When you touch it comes back on as does the calm screen which is just the clock and date.
Taking your eyes off the road to navigate down thru the menu to change the screen is dangerous. This is where Lincoln is ahead of Ford with a simple physical button right next to the radio volume knob. Tap it once to go to the calm screen and twice to darken the whole screen. Way better safety & ergonomics.

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
Won't fit, as soon as a 20+ explorer hit the dealer lot I measured the engine bay. The coyote is too wide. Now the godzilla engine will fit.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Taking your eyes off the road to navigate down thru the menu to change the screen is dangerous. This is where Lincoln is ahead of Ford with a simple physical button right next to the radio volume knob. Tap it once to go to the calm screen and twice to darken the whole screen. Way better safety & ergonomics.
Yah new Expeditions have the button. Agreed that'd be nice to have.

OP
B
Reactions
Thread Starter #29
Issue-That goofy razor-blade thin spare tire has to go. Out of common sense and safety I bought a full size wheel & tire and just toss it in the back on long trips...store it when home. Fix-the Explorer Intercepter takes a full sized spare in the same well. You sacrifice the 3rd row, but hey...give customers the option. We really like choices.

skeelo

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
1. Rear HVAC reads cold to hot and fan speed off/ low to high; not linked to front HVAC controls.
Solution - follow the same HVAC logic of set point temperature and link to front HVAC controls when locking out rear (similar to the Durango for those that have owned).

2. Electronic up/ down of seats is great but the manual third row head rests are a pain for those not consistently using third row.
Solution - enable electronic head rest drop in infotainment or separate button (also similar to the Durango for those that have owned).

3. Carplay/ Android play USB port location.
Solution - provide pass through from front drawer to under the phone holder cubby so that the phone does not need to be stored upside down.

4. Infotainment setup does not utilize screen space effectively.
Solution - position landscape instead of portrait.

5. Front sensors do not trigger front camera.
Solution - trigger front camera with sensors. My F150 does this.

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
1. Larger screen 12" or more like is in new Expedition.

2. COLOR MATCHED FENDER TRIM - Or smaller width black fender trim!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Heads up display.
Dr Pepper (20oz bottle) cooler

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
My wife’s Lexus has these mini headlights that turn on and shine perpendicular to the headlights in the direction you are turning (when the turn signal is engaged) No idea what they are called (I tried to find it on the internet). But with tinted windows and dark streets, It would be a nice add.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
The Lincolns have projector headlights that illuminate the area in the direction the vehicle is turning.

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I'd like to see a more aggressive hood, or something with vents. Just simple ones like a SRT Grand Cherokee or Durango R/T.

Also better brake options: the Street Pack should be standard, or better yet 4-piston Brembos optional/standard.

cagilber

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
1. Interior overhaul. Doesn’t match a $60k vehicle. Real carbon fiber. Suede. More leather. Fit of plastic pieces is not great. I would pay $1-2k more to fix this.

2. It’s a sport truck. Make it sound like one. At least offer a Ford Performance aftermarket exhaust. Maybe use an exhaust valve to keep it quiet.

3. All LED external lights. Reverse lights, license plate lights? It would add zero cost to the car.

4. More interior illumination, not less like the 2022 models.

5. Heads up Display!!!! I can get this is an Escape, but not an Explorer ST? Come on!

6. Customizable drive modes, ala BMW M modes

7. Unique permanent digital gauge cluster. Should look like Sport mode all the time in the ST model.

Reactions
Rotate infotainment
Larger wireless charging phone pad
Black lugnuts
Hood struts
Add tow/recovery hook in front
Add comfort ride mode to dampen suspension for long trips
Add launch control or dragy like controls like the srt cars have
1000whp