Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

How do you dry your washed car?

Reactions
I've never heard of the Absorber, but it appears to be a synthetic version of a leather chamois cloth, which has always been my go to.

I always hit the windows with a California Squeegee first though.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
It is indeed. I bought one of the originals 30+ years ago. Used it and used and used it, 'til it got motor oil on it :mad:. The newer ones work, but not as well, it seems.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I have a DI tank that I use to wash and rinse, once I am done with the “Final” rinse I use a battery powered leaf blower just to knock off the bigger beads of water and that’s it… I got tired of fighting water spots and bought a 1/2cuft dI resin tank and it is worth every penny. At 170 tds tap water a tank lasts roughly 3 months at a wash per week and I use it from start to finish, not specifically for a final spot free rinse but Pre-Rinse, wash and final. Water spots are a vehicle’s equivalent to having herpes

Reactions
This will knock the herpes right off your car ;) jk
I use a couple of the dollar store chamois and my 7 year olds help. With heat the way it's been here in NY I might have to just start using the 60mph method

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions
I have a DI tank that I use to wash and rinse, once I am done with the “Final” rinse I use a battery powered leaf blower just to knock off the bigger beads of water and that’s it… I got tired of fighting water spots and bought a 1/2cuft dI resin tank and it is worth every penny. At 170 tds tap water a tank lasts roughly 3 months at a wash per week and I use it from start to finish, not specifically for a final spot free rinse but Pre-Rinse, wash and final. Water spots are a vehicle’s equivalent to having herpes
I use a DI system too, although only for final rinse.I have it hooked up to soft water so the media should last longer. It’s a CR Spotless 20. No spots at all, even air drying.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
DI is the way to go for spot free… the main reason I use mine for the whole wash process is that my driveway is in a North-South orientation and I can’t get away from the sun unless it’s super early or very late and that’s too much of a hassle… the only issue I have had is the Soap drying on the black parts of the vehicle but it didn’t have time to burn into the panels and just getting it wet again lifted it off. I was looking at the CR spotless but chose to go with RV-Mods pro 50… RV-Mods has a great kit for the CR canister system that yields more DI water than the CR original canisters. image.jpg

Reactions
Nice! I mounted my CR system on the garage wall, right next to the soft water hose bib I have there. Quick connect fittings on everything. I wish I had done this a long time ago.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Ego battery powered leaf blower and some super soft large micro fibers to get the little bit of moisture left over.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Ego battery powered leaf blower and some super soft large micro fibers to get the little bit of moisture left over.
I too am a fan of EGO's leaf blower as a drying tool. I've found these to be very convenient, with a safer soft tip and you can get up close.

1677471426626.png

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
1677719186945.jpeg 1677719238149.jpeg

The old two stroke blower quit the other day. Bought this 40 volt Worx blower to dry off the vehicles. 3 speed with a turbo button. Think I'm going to like it. 6 pounds with the batteries, and a lot quieter than a gas blower.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Well... I kind of gave it away in the post above yours. I use the EGO765 56 Volt blower but that little shorty tube is what makes it a great car dryer.