Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Help. Anyone have experience with PAC Amppro ap4-fd31? New system put in and I’m very disappointed.

OP
StellaST
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #21
Makes me sick too. Trust me. I went back the next morning and they gave me the run around. The guy that runs the shop said he would call me later that day and he wanted me to bring it back in for a tune this week. Of course I haven’t heard from him. I’m calling around to the several shops that were mentioned to me on Facebook, as well as five star audio near Tampa to see what they suggest. I don’t think I have a leg to stand on to get my money back unfortunately. Although, I’m going to try. The shop has worked on several of my vehicles before including a Corvette and they did a great job. But the guy that has worked there forever is not there anymore and I think things have gone to shit. My brothers friend in his neighborhood also works on audio and had the same exact opinion as you all did. Doing my due diligence now to look into a new shop and figure out what equipment I want to put in the vehicle. But unfortunately, I think I’m out $1900.

OP
StellaST
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #22
Get your money back.

When I installed my system in my Explorer, I followed this video.
I spent over $2500 in amp, speaker, wiring and other stuff.

I watched this a couple nights ago.

OP
StellaST
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #23
Stella, how's it going with the shop?
Stella, how's it going with the shop?
Not good. They think the speakers and sub are great pieces of equipment. They cut my original speakers. I went in the next morning and told them I wasn’t happy and they said they would call me Fri to set up a time for this week. Of course they haven’t called. I can’t trust them. Not sure there is much I can do but find a really good place and start over. Heart breaking.

OP
StellaST
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #24
It got worse…they hacked up her stock speakers to use as adapters and god knows what else is hidden. Everyone is encouraging her to get her money back…I hope she does. I’d also demand replacement stock speakers.
Shops like that should randomly catch fire in the middle of the night.

Update!
The owner will pay Glen in Kingsland GA (recommended by the FB page) to fix any install issues and allow me to exchange the amp and speakers for new and better equipment. All I pay for is the upgrade over the exchange. I’ll call that a win for this shit situation.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
What speaker and amp are you getting?

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Update!
The owner will pay Glen in Kingsland GA (recommended by the FB page) to fix any install issues and allow me to exchange the amp and speakers for new and better equipment. All I pay for is the upgrade over the exchange. I’ll call that a win for this shit situation.
So happy to hear that a more positive outcome has been reached.

Explorer ST Posts