Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Has anyone changed exhaust tips?

Reactions
I just picked up some tips with a 2.25" ID .. I haven't found a set answer on the stock pipe diameter .. I really just want to clamp the tips on and don't want to weld them on so hopefully stock pipe diameter is either 2 or 2.5 haha..

if someone knows so I dont have to lay on the ground and check because im lazy.. please let me know!

Reactions
nvm.. answered my own question. stock is 2inch... a few lap joint clamps and we're golden

Reactions
Decided I couldn’t look at the stock exhaust tips anymore! Bought these tips for $19.99 each off Amazon, and my local muffler shop installed in an hour for $75! I am more than happy with how they turned out.

View attachment 3797
Do you have a link to where you bought your exhaust tips from amazon? Thanks

Stinger

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Reactions

Bucked the trend by swapping out the MBRP stainless and carbon for some Chinese Akrapoviks with blue tips. I gotta trim the passenger side pipe to get the tips to even out . Sticks out too far for my taste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RAS1

Reactions
Reactions
Whose tips are these, they look great?
There an exhaust guy near my office and I told him what I wanted and he just did it. Don’t know who the manufacturer is. Thanks though!

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST

Bucked the trend by swapping out the MBRP stainless and carbon for some Chinese Akrapoviks with blue tips. I gotta trim the passenger side pipe to get the tips to even out . Sticks out too far for my taste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can you post a link to these?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Reactions
Can you please tell me where you got these tips!!!??
I used a muffler shop that had these in stock. No idea who makes them. If I have a chance, I’ll stop by when I’m in the area and ask. There was someone else that asked me too so I’ll make a point to find out.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I used a muffler shop that had these in stock. No idea who makes them. If I have a chance, I’ll stop by when I’m in the area and ask. There was someone else that asked me too so I’ll make a point to find out.
Thank you please do!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
This is actually my wife’s car... but I couldn’t live any longer with the stupid fake 3” tips. She could care less . I went with Pypes brand, 4” Stainless. I heavily contemplated the Gibson axle backs, but didn’t want to make it too loud since it’s my wife’s car and we use it for most family outings. Took it to my exhaust shop to have them welded on. Love how the 4” fills out the cutouts.

Attachments

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Looking good.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Which size inlet did you order?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
This is actually my wife’s car... but I couldn’t live any longer with the stupid fake 3” tips. She could care less . I went with Pypes brand, 4” Stainless. I heavily contemplated the Gibson axle backs, but didn’t want to make it too loud since it’s my wife’s car and we use it for most family outings. Took it to my exhaust shop to have them welded on. Love how the 4” fills out the cutouts.
Can you give us a sku# please? Thank you sir.

SR56

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Has anyone tried single tips? I've got these 4.5" on my Mustang. Thinking the dual outlet might be wide enough to make it look OK but not sure how it'll look.

Haven't picked up my truck yet so can't match em up.
20221224_123731.jpg 20221224_123718.jpg