Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Guilty on all three counts.

Reactions
You mean this statement, "cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint, and neck compression."?
The toxicology levels and the no damage to the windpipe and tracea SP

Reactions
You mean this statement, "cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint, and neck compression."?
New documents released by the Minnesota Judicial Branch on Tuesday show that George Floyd, who died while in police custody in May, had a potentially “fatal level” of fentanyl in his system at the time of death.
According to Dr. Andrew Baker, the Hennepin County Medical Examiner conducting the autopsy who did not watch videos until after his investigation, Floyd had such a high level of fentanyl in his system that if he was found dead at home, it would “be acceptable to call an O.D.”

While Dr. Baker clarified that he’s “not saying [Fentanyl killed” Floyd, he acknowledged that it may have played a larger role in Floyd’s death than first suspected.
Dr. Baker also noted that hypertension in Floyd’s heart could cause death “quicker because it needs more oxygen” and that “certain intoxicants(Read as fentanyl causing excited delirium) can exacerbate” Floyd’s previous condition.
A memorandum from the Hennepin County Attorney’s office also noted that “is fatal level of fentanyl under normal circumstances” and concluded that “the autopsy [by Dr. Baker] revealed no physical evidence suggesting that Mr. Floyd died of asphyxiation.”
“Mr. Floyd did not exhibit signs of petechiae, damage to his airways or thyroid, brain bleeding, bone injuries, or internal bruising,” it reads.

As an interesting thought exercise about what was the biggest potential driver in his death...Would you rather be subdued across your upper back in prone position by a 140lb man for 9 minutes or be subjected to 3 times a typically fatal amount of fentanyl in your system?

Reactions
The toxicology levels and the no damage to the windpipe and tracea SP
The statement above is the cause of death, but there were contributing factors. The testimony was about the hypopharynx being constricted due to a lack of lung volume and air flow. Not a medical doctor or even a biology student, but I learned during the trial that the hypopharynx (I cannot even say the word) is above the trachea and is soft tissue. I also learned that the ability to speak is not evidence of sufficient air flow to live.

Reactions
The statement above is the cause of death, but there were contributing factors. The testimony was about the hypopharynx being constricted due to a lack of lung volume and air flow. Not a medical doctor or even a biology student, but I learned during the trial that the hypopharynx (I cannot even say the word) is above the trachea and is soft tissue. I also learned that the ability to speak is not evidence of sufficient air flow to live.
It started long before he was even on the ground as he stated he could not breathe while he was still standing

Reactions
New documents released by the Minnesota Judicial Branch on Tuesday show that George Floyd, who died while in police custody in May, had a potentially “fatal level” of fentanyl in his system at the time of death.
According to Dr. Andrew Baker, the Hennepin County Medical Examiner conducting the autopsy who did not watch videos until after his investigation, Floyd had such a high level of fentanyl in his system that if he was found dead at home, it would “be acceptable to call an O.D.”

While Dr. Baker clarified that he’s “not saying [Fentanyl killed” Floyd, he acknowledged that it may have played a larger role in Floyd’s death than first suspected.
Dr. Baker also noted that hypertension in Floyd’s heart could cause death “quicker because it needs more oxygen” and that “certain intoxicants(Read as fentanyl causing excited delirium) can exacerbate” Floyd’s previous condition.
A memorandum from the Hennepin County Attorney’s office also noted that “is fatal level of fentanyl under normal circumstances” and concluded that “the autopsy [by Dr. Baker] revealed no physical evidence suggesting that Mr. Floyd died of asphyxiation.”
“Mr. Floyd did not exhibit signs of petechiae, damage to his airways or thyroid, brain bleeding, bone injuries, or internal bruising,” it reads.

As an interesting thought exercise about what was the biggest potential driver in his death...Would you rather be subdued across your upper back in prone position by a 140lb man for 9 minutes or be subjected to 3 times a typically fatal amount of fentanyl in your system?
I would have opted to get in the car.

Reactions
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Blackssr

Blackssr

Reactions
Thread Starter #47

I'm out! LOL

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Pretty sure none of us here have held a knife to a pregnant lady's stomach. There's levels to this. Just sayin...

Reactions
Pretty sure none of us here have held a knife to a pregnant lady's stomach. There's levels to this. Just sayin...
Agreed.

A good question would be why wasn't he still in prison?

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Agreed.

A good question would be why wasn't he still in prison?
That's a fantastic question. About 80% of my friends are veteran cops, and they don't pretend to understand the justice system.

Reactions
How these leftists make it through the day, I will never know. I think they just pretend to believe themselves. They have to be pretending because common sense is easy to understand and believe.

Reactions
just found this thread.

two sides to this.
I think Murder was unwarranted but i wasnt on the jury panel.

dipshit cop did not need to sit on his neck for 8 minutes. he knew this wasnt going to end well if something happens. he obviously didnt care. police cannot act recklessly.

on the other hand, Derek never had a chance. we saw last summer how bad this situation became. We had all kinds of idiots rioting out here. dipshits were already rioting over a week before his conviction, then Maxine Waters ( fraud bitch who needs to be put in prison) ran her mouth, agitating "protestors" basically telling the jury, if you dont convict him, were gonna burn the city down.
the jury was tainted from day one. this is the same shit with the OJ trial. if they found OJ guilty, there would have been hell to pay.

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
This thread is fine since it’s in the off topic areas, but please remember to keep the discussions civil.

Reactions
Hi,
Just a quote from a news article about Chauvin. Will need more info, but just saying.

Cheers,

Ron

The U.S. Justice Department (DOJ) is mulling whether to charge now-convicted former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin in connection with a 2017 incident in which he allegedly violently handled a 14-year-old boy and used his knee to hold the teenager down for almost 17 minutes, according to a report.

Dave G ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Chauvin was in the wrong on that day and he will indeed pay the price. I just keep thinking to myself that he took it upon himself on that day to be the person to take out a threat, although no longer a threat to him specifically, but a threat to society as a whole. This act of vigilantism cannot go unpunished in America, but may have been decided by Chauvin as a choice he could live with.

Reactions
Chauvin was in the wrong on that day and he will indeed pay the price. I just keep thinking to myself that he took it upon himself on that day to be the person to take out a threat, although no longer a threat to him specifically, but a threat to society as a whole. This act of vigilantism cannot go unpunished in America, but may have been decided by Chauvin as a choice he could live with.
Maybe, but that is not the intent of police. It is a tough job with absolutely no pros and only cons. It would be quite disheartening to be midway through a police career right now in the US.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Yes and I'm glad I have retired after 44 years in law enforcement.

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I don't know anyone who would argue that Chauvin wasn't an idiot. His actions were the fuse that lit the powder keg of the year 2020. Still does not justify all of the destruction and damage that occurred in the aftermath.

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Bottom line is that cops are not targeting black people regardless of what Princess LeBron James says. Way more white people, armed and unarmed, are killed by cops. Almost all the time because the person is an idiot and resists arrest or fights the cops. A group that makes up only 13% of the population but commits over 50% of violent crimes is bound to have more interactions with police. These interactions will continue to go south especially since our culture, media, and politicians no longer respect police. I really feel for our law enforcement. Toughest job in America and it will only get worse.

Reactions
This will go to appeal...

When cases like this go to appeal it is generally far less publicized and politicized.

If this case hadnt been so public and a political lightning rod, there wouldnt have even been a trial.
He has nothing of substance to appeal on. Perhaps he can argue ineffective counsel (his defense attorney was shockingly bad at times).

What in the world would he even allege that would result in a successful appeal?

Your last sentence is absurd, though. Of course this would have gone to trial. Had there not been video, though, I doubt it would have.