Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Guilty on all three counts.

Blackssr

Reactions
The video was disturbing enough to watch and sealed this officer's fate. I do not know all of the details but I agree with the verdict.
Too many people are victims of abuse of power by police. On the flip side the people that get in trouble need to learn to cease and desist quickly and that will de-escalate the situation much quicker.
What do you all think? I understand and agree with the verdict.

Last edited:

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
He was screwed from day 1 because of the politics and everyone knowing the riots would be never ending if he was acquitted. Those poor jurors knew it too. I’m sure their fear for their own safety played heavily into it also. He was never gonna go free...a sacrificial lamb to appease the radical left.

Reactions
He was screwed from day 1 because of the politics and everyone knowing the riots would be never ending if he was acquitted. Those poor jurors knew it too. I’m sure their fear for their own safety played heavily into it also. He was never gonna go free...a sacrificial lamb to appease the radical left.
I totally agree. The message being sent now is if you’ve broken the law and are about to be arrested, run like hell.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I was not at the trial, and I'm not an attorney. Whether it was malice or just gross negligence, there were going to be repercussions for the officer. However, how does one get convicted of three different charges for the same offense- each worded slightly different in legalese? Will the "mob" now desist? Somehow, I doubt it.

Reactions
I agree with UNBROKEN the jurors really had no choice if they did not convict on all 3 counts they would be doxed their houses covered in pigs blood and or burned down, family's harassed. Yes Chauvin he was a dick as a human being but saint george(lower case on purpose) was going to be a dead man with all those co-morbidities and drugs on board. When you watch the video look at Chauvin's feet most of his weight is on the balls of his feet and not all on saint george just enough to stop him from rolling over and not inhibit his breathing.
In the ER I have had people say they can't breath and their SaO2 was 97 to 100% and they had clear lungs with good air movement, they had worked themselves into a tizzy. Excited delirium is a legitimate syndrome which I have seen before. He was saying he couldn't breath prior to being put in the squad that tactic worked the year before so why not try again but alas too much with the drugs this time.
I have lived through this shit show for the past 11 months, down town Minneapolis is 5 miles and University Ave in Saint Paul is 6 miles away from where I live. The crime has gone through the roof since st george ended his "legendary" existence. Because elements of society believe they are above reproach and thanks to our weak ass prosecutors they will not be held accountable for their crimes if they have done 10 crimes they will only be charged for one. So why stop at one crime and do more.
Blackssr and UNBROKEN you both live in a states with strong state administrations that are trying to keep law and order and the Constitution front and center. Outside of the Twin Cities this is a red state that is for law and order like for the most part upstate NY.
Now thanks to mad maxine coming from California and running her mouth and the idiotic Minneapolis city clowncil giving st george's family $27,000,000 dollars we will be going through this again in the near future.
I have 2 more years then I am getting the hell out of here and moving back to Florida where I lived for 20 years before moving up to Minnesota. In the 11 years I have been here this state has gone to shit and is unfortunately getting worse every year.

Reactions
Hi,

Difficult topic for sure. I am a Canadian, so I may have a different perspective than others and I appreciate that. And I am not a police officer, nor a criminal.

I actually recorded the trial and watched most of it after work. My wife sat beside me and watched a fair share of it too. We listened to all the expert testimony, from both sides (very few experts for the defence) and we both came to the same conclusion. Mr. Chauvin obviously used unnecessary and excessive force on Mr. Floyd. We could not figure out what the end game was going to be other than punishing the suspect. When your fellow officers note first when the suspect went unconscious, then when he stopped breathing, and finally when he did not have a pulse you would let up on holding the suspect down. I think they continued to hold him down for four minutes after he went unconscious. Did they think the unconscious, unbreathing, pulseless guy was going to float away?

Cause of death will continue to be a discussion point for years to come, but I do not think Mr. Floyd would have died if he had just got in the car, nor would he have died if the three officers had not prevented him from breathing.

Just my perspective and I send everyone in the US best wishes from the Great White North.

Cheers,

Ron

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Reactions
This will go to appeal...

When cases like this go to appeal it is generally far less publicized and politicized.

If this case hadnt been so public and a political lightning rod, there wouldnt have even been a trial.

Reactions
Hi,

Difficult topic for sure. I am a Canadian, so I may have a different perspective than others and I appreciate that. And I am not a police officer, nor a criminal.

I actually recorded the trial and watched most of it after work. My wife sat beside me and watched a fair share of it too. We listened to all the expert testimony, from both sides (very few experts for the defence) and we both came to the same conclusion. Mr. Chauvin obviously used unnecessary and excessive force on Mr. Floyd. We could not figure out what the end game was going to be other than punishing the suspect. When your fellow officers note first when the suspect went unconscious, then when he stopped breathing, and finally when he did not have a pulse you would let up on holding the suspect down. I think they continued to hold him down for four minutes after he went unconscious. Did they think the unconscious, unbreathing, pulseless guy was going to float away?

Cause of death will continue to be a discussion point for years to come, but I do not think Mr. Floyd would have died if he had just got in the car, nor would he have died if the three officers had not prevented him from breathing.

Just my perspective and I send everyone in the US best wishes from the Great White North.

Cheers,

Ron

WarST

Reactions
I disagree with the verdict 100%. Not only the threats to the witnesses and fear that was thrown at the jurors...You have the cell phone video that most of the US population has seen, which looks like Officer Chauvins knee is on (as Garda934 eloquently put it) st george's neck...but only shown once from the defense, is the officers body cam showing the video from the back angle. Officer Chauvins knee was on st george's shoulder blade! End of story! NOT GUILTY!

Reactions
Hi again,

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it is only that an opinion. Anyone that thinks a handcuffed suspect needs to be restrained in the way Mr. Floyd was is wrong. I know, my opinion. Police are not to punish they are to protect. Sometimes that requires harsh actions and mistakes do happen. No one should have what happened to Mr. Floyd done to them, ever. Police have a tough job, but they are still required to follow the law. If four officers cannot manhandle one suspect into the backseat.... They should have shoved him in and gotten the hell out of there.

Again, my opinion.

Cheers,

Ron

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Hi again,

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it is only that an opinion. Anyone that thinks a handcuffed suspect needs to be restrained in the way Mr. Floyd was is wrong. I know, my opinion. Police are not to punish they are to protect. Sometimes that requires harsh actions and mistakes do happen. No one should have what happened to Mr. Floyd done to them, ever. Police have a tough job, but they are still required to follow the law. If four officers cannot manhandle one suspect into the backseat.... They should have shoved him in and gotten the hell out of there.

Again, my opinion.

Cheers,

Ron
Have you ever been in a street fight with someone on meth? I have...longest fight of my life. Before it was over I knocked several of his teeth out and broke his nose and jaw with one eye swollen completely shut...and he still kept coming.
If you haven’t done the job they do and had to deal with the things they do...you’re just speaking from emotion.

Reactions
Have you ever been in a street fight with someone on meth? I have...longest fight of my life. Before it was over I knocked several of his teeth out and broke his nose and jaw with one eye swollen completely shut...and he still kept coming.
If you haven’t done the job they do and had to deal with the things they do...you’re just speaking from emotion.
Hi,

I am generally not an emotional guy, but anyways. Did you look at all the evidence (i.e. watch the trial). I watched all the videos from every angle multiple times. I still go back to this thought, what was the officers' end game? What was the exit strategy?

Anyways, hard to have a fist fight with someone in handcuffs.

Cheers,

Ron

Symetry

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
attachments.jpg

Jim

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Regardless of skin color, the key is COMPLIANCE. If you resist, you run the risk of injury or death. If you feel that your rights are being violated, comply and resolve it at a later date - live another day!

Reactions
Hey,

All for self defence. But there is a time and place. Police can definitely claim they feared for their life and take the appropriate action. Did Mr. Chauvin look like he was fearing for his life?

I guess it comes down to whether you want a justice system where law is applied or a bunch of hired goons to keep order.

Jim, did you vet the meme above? Or did you just blindly cut and paste? Memes are great for effect and many of them in the humour section are hillarious, but they are not appropriate for court cases.

Don't get me wrong, if someone is a bad guy, go get em, book em, prosecute em and throw away the key (or execute them, but not an option in Canada anymore). But some guy with a badge and gun doesn't get to decide it all themselves.

Cheers,

Ron

OP
Blackssr

Blackssr

Reactions
Thread Starter #19
A man died at the hands of police while he was no longer a threat. At least how it seems to me when I look at the video. This could have been avoided if the perp would have complied but he didn't. This could have been avoided if the police would have just backed off, put the guy in the squad car and hauled him away, but they didn't.
Many lives were affected and/ or destroyed by this horrible event. All our opinions cannot change that.
That's all I can say at this point and just how I feel. I started this thread to get a feel what others thought because it was so disturbing to me.
We are all entitled to vent how we feel.

Reactions
Regardless of skin color, the key is COMPLIANCE. If you resist, you run the risk of injury or death. If you feel that your rights are being violated, comply and resolve it at a later date - live another day!
Hi,

I agree wholeheartedly. Comply and live another day. Have your day in court.

If everyone just did what they were told the US would still be a colony, like us here in Canada.

Cheers,

Ron