Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

GODZLLA_ST BUILD

OP
MacandCheeseST
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 EXPLORER ST
Thread Starter #61
Ohhhh boy.... how much $ lol... Im in it about 16k - i bought it used for 36,500$ 35kmiles -

thats everything included - wheels - roof rail delete parts - radar detector - all mods - springs -waido splitter- zues diffuser- sway bars- meth kit - links/subframe bushings.. literally everything - labor included- most of which i did myself with exception to Turbo/DP.. add another 5 k for the sun coast stage 3 rebuild kit and labor -

So far trans is holding up until you run ethanol blend - i think at that point the torque is too much for it to handle and it struggles at shift point between 2,3,4.. I will have videos up in the next week or so as i got an x3 camera with ghost mount.

Much appreciated , i absolutely love it.

OP
MacandCheeseST
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 EXPLORER ST
Thread Starter #62
So I swapped out the XDI Evo fuel pump to the Nostrum fuel pump, pretty big difference… those stage 3 injectors are def not lacking fuel anymore!!

New Dyno pulls on June 4th.. I’m gonna do 1 pull 93 DMS and 2 on E60…. Anyone gotta any guesses?

I’ll be doing dyno pulls with the Methanol mid June once I get the E85 competition tune dialed in..

Last edited:
Reactions
Probably in the 700's or very close to it

Im curious on what power itll make on 93, possibly close to 600?

OP
MacandCheeseST
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 EXPLORER ST
Thread Starter #64
Probably in the 700's or very close to it

Im curious on what power itll make on 93, possibly close to 600?
Man if I can make 600on 93 I’ll be pumped!! should be interesting,

paSTa

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
So I swapped out the XDI Evo fuel pump to the Nostrum fuel pump, pretty big difference… those stage 3 injectors are def not lacking fuel anymore!!

New Dyno pulls on June 4th.. I’m gonna do 1 pull 93 DMS and 2 on E60…. Anyone gotta any guesses?

I’ll be doing dyno pulls with the Methanol mid June once I get the E85 competition tune dialed in..
Dope build bro. Curious to see what this thing dynos! I’m going to get mine on the dyno June 5th to get an idea before fueling + trans upgrade

OP
MacandCheeseST
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 EXPLORER ST
Thread Starter #66
Dope build bro. Curious to see what this thing dynos! I’m going to get mine on the dyno June 5th to get an idea before fueling + trans upgrade
Thanks buddy. Fuel systems for this need some work - even the HPFP from either nostrum or the xdi hpfp60 - will run out of fuel trying to feed the stage 3 injectors - so an upgraded lpfp is going to need to be upgraded for the system im running for the stage 3 injectors... not sure what route im going to go but its needed to get the performance out of these injectors or atleast allow to meet their full capacity.

Stage 1 or 2s are your best bet.... any 3 of the fuel pumps will work with very minimal differences probably 10-40 hp differences in gains.. i would recommed stage 2 injectors with whatever HPFP is the cheapest and introduce methanol versus buying the biggest hpfp -

hell im selling my xdi evo fuel pump for 650$ - wait for a memorial day on stage 2s and youll have saved 2k plus and net maybe 20-40hp less than i did without spending 4k just on the fuel system. food for thought

paSTa

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thanks buddy. Fuel systems for this need some work - even the HPFP from either nostrum or the xdi hpfp60 - will run out of fuel trying to feed the stage 3 injectors - so an upgraded lpfp is going to need to be upgraded for the system im running for the stage 3 injectors... not sure what route im going to go but its needed to get the performance out of these injectors or atleast allow to meet their full capacity.

Stage 1 or 2s are your best bet.... any 3 of the fuel pumps will work with very minimal differences probably 10-40 hp differences in gains.. i would recommed stage 2 injectors with whatever HPFP is the cheapest and introduce methanol versus buying the biggest hpfp -

hell im selling my xdi evo fuel pump for 650$ - wait for a memorial day on stage 2s and youll have saved 2k plus and net maybe 20-40hp less than i did without spending 4k just on the fuel system. food for thought
I’ll keep that in mind, I’m local in CT so def might be interested in the XDI pump, not trying to break any records with this build on on e50 already just gonna do trans and stage 2 injectors and call it a wrap. Where you getting dynoed?

OP
MacandCheeseST
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 EXPLORER ST
Thread Starter #68
ACI dynamics in Seymour! Hell ya man!! We should link up sometime -

200$ - 3 pulls - what about you?

OP
MacandCheeseST
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 EXPLORER ST
Thread Starter #69
You got an intercooler right? If not it’s a MUST

paSTa

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
You got an intercooler right? If not it’s a MUST
Yeah it’s FBO rn just stock turbos/fueling/transmission. But that’s hilarious I’ll be at ACI on the 5th! Might just cancel the dyno and subtract 100hp from your numbers haha. The YouTube video they did with the Explorer was mine actually

paSTa

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
ACI dynamics in Seymour! Hell ya man!! We should link up sometime -

200$ - 3 pulls - what about you?
Would def be down to link up sometime too! I’m in central CT

OP
MacandCheeseST
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 EXPLORER ST
Thread Starter #72
That’s crazy! Should be very interesting to what the fuel and turbos do as far as a difference! I’ll be up there around 915. Ya I called them because of that video when I noticed the plate lol. Nice ride!!
Did they have a break down of cost to do vertical arms and subframe bushing? Hell I can do them myself just never have the time. Been sitting in garage for a few months

OP
MacandCheeseST
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 EXPLORER ST
Thread Starter #73
whose tune are you running?

paSTa

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
whose tune are you running?
I have the break down at home I had a laundry list of stuff done while it was there so I’ll have to scan through the bill but I can let you know when I get home from work tonight! It wasn’t much I know that. And running ZFGs e50 currently.

OP
MacandCheeseST
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 EXPLORER ST
Thread Starter #75
hell ya man! Def let me know , no rush, I might do it this weekend when I do the roof rail delete and methanol install … tho I’m sure the meth kit is gonna take all day as it looks pretty intricate and I’m running it from storage compartment behind 3rd row!

paSTa

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Hey man sorry for the delayed response I totally spaced on this, looks like it was 3.5hrs for the vertical links/bushing supports.

OP
MacandCheeseST
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 EXPLORER ST
Thread Starter #77
All good, I actually just finished with the rear and putting vertical links on now…. Then I think im going to attempt to install the pro meth kit, I really want to get it operational before my dyno pulls so I can get 1 pull with spray.. tbd

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST, Silver Spruce Metalic
Your build look awesome man! Did you run into any issues installing the FenFab piping? I just ordered the hot side piping and the cold side with a Turbosmart BOV. I also have a 2020 witht the stock bypass valve and was just wondering if it's a pretty simple install or if you ran into any issues.

OP
MacandCheeseST
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 EXPLORER ST
Thread Starter #79
Your build look awesome man! Did you run into any issues installing the FenFab piping? I just ordered the hot side piping and the cold side with a Turbosmart BOV. I also have a 2020 witht the stock bypass valve and was just wondering if it's a pretty simple install or if you ran into any issues.[/QUOT

much appreciated! No issues, other than it’s tight area to get your hands in. Def think fen fab is the way go imo, i don’t know the guy, but if there’s a fen fab part made for the ST. I have it, with exception to dp, went with spd, cause I got a pretty good discount.

paSTa

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
All good, I actually just finished with the rear and putting vertical links on now…. Then I think im going to attempt to install the pro meth kit, I really want to get it operational before my dyno pulls so I can get 1 pull with spray.. tbd
Awesome man, cant want to see what she puts up!