Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

FORScan - Unable to identify the vehicle. Please contact developers - MY'24

Mark1328

Reactions
Vehicle
2-24 Ford Explorer ST
Curious if any other Model Year '24 owners have tried to use FORScan and it gives a message saying it is "Unable to identify....".

I did some research and found MY '23 users had an issue and had to contact with VIN to update database etc..

I did email them and I am awaiting a reply.

FORScan OBDMonster connect via USB and OBDII - FORScan V2.3.59 release.

ForscanError.jpg

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
Happens every year, Forscan just needs to update their database. Its probably in the works and will be released when its ready.

OP
Mark1328

Mark1328

Reactions
Vehicle
2-24 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
Quick Update - FORScan was pretty good at getting back to me and asked for my VIN which I provided. They sent me a new "test" version to see if would correct. It did pick up the vehicle and then was able to pull the 4 of the modules but then hit the "Unable to identify the vehicle. Please contact developers" message again. I sent them an email and will provide an update once hear back.

Attachments

OP
Mark1328

Mark1328

Reactions
Vehicle
2-24 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #4
Good News - FORScan got back to me this AM and sent me a new "test" software and it worked.

So I was able to remove the annoying "Honk when exit with keys and car running" and enable Bambi Mode!!

One final change I wanted to make was enable the Amber Turn Signals as on when DRLs are on but unfortunately, the code I found from another thread did not work.

726-42-01 x4x4 xxxx xxXX - Sets the White DRL to fixed position, meaning they're dim when the headlight is on, and off when the car is in normal drive mode, daytime.
726-43-01 x1x1 xxxx xxXX - Sets Turn to Turn and DRL

Asking that thread for what I might have done wrong and yes I had DRL Enabled in the Sync Settings.

Attachments

Nfd405

Firefighter
Reactions
Vehicle
2024 Explorer ST
I tried the software today for the first time on a 2024 ST and get the same error message about identifying the vehicle- I emailed them to see if they'll send me a special version also or if my issue is something else.

Waiting on a reply from Forscan...