Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

FORScan - Basic Info and Getting Started

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Embarking on your journey with FORScan, feel free to add any insights to aid fellow enthusiasts.

Here's what you'll need:
  • A Windows laptop
  • FORScan software along with an extended license (obtainable via a free 2-month trial upon registration)
  • An OBDII ELM adapter, preferably with a HS/MS CAN switch to access all modules.
  • Consider employing a battery tender/maintainer during FORScan sessions to prevent draining your vehicle's battery while the ignition is on.

Navigating FORScan:
  • Prioritize safeguarding your OEM module configuration by saving it before making any alterations.
  • Adhere to all setup and editing prompts diligently.

Useful Resources:

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
STfan, Great ! please everyone keep this going !! I bought a 22 st and constantly read stuff people have changed and adjusted with forscan. I so want to do alot of the things I read they change.The problem is I know nothing ,zero,ziltch, about how to use for scan and it seems hard to figure it out by the things I read when I see people asking for the paper forms with the info you need to change things. Plus truth be told I am almost computer illiterate so when someone says just go into ur bios or some other crap ,I'm olut . I have no idea what you mean... So for all of us that don't know the difference between the properties of a computer and the properties our houses are on , please keep posting for us !!! THX