Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Forscan ACM Speaker Settings for the 2020 ST

Reactions
Hi all,

I went in to turn off the FENG, which was successful (thanks for all of your posts!). I looked around the ACM settings and noticed the following:

Speaker 1 (LF) Output Non-Tweeter only
Speaker 2 (RF) Output Non-Tweeter only
Speaker 3 (RR) Output Tweeter only
Speaker 6 (Center) Output No Speaker Test
Subwoofer Not used

I can't recall now what speaker 4 was, but it was different also (I think 'Woofer and Tweeter'). Does anyone else see the same thing and know if these settings mean anything. The system sounds fine (maybe just my old hearing!), but curious what you see in Forscan, since none of this makes any sense. I will play around more this weekend if I get a chance.

Thanks, Alan

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
What difference is heard when FENG is turned off?

OP
A
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
I actually didn't hear a huge difference, but I didn't take it out for any length of time. Will have to do so for a more thorough evaluation. Any thoughts to the speaker settings? Thanks!

Reactions
What difference is heard when FENG is turned off?
I don't notice any major change to the sound of the audio system but I'm not an audiophile either. The biggest change is you no longer have the fake engine noise so you can hear the turbos spooling up, the engine revving and, now that I have a Thermal exhaust system, I can hear the real exhaust.

Reactions
I've been keeping an eye out for a Hybid Explorer in order to pull an ABT (As Built File) from and compare to our ST. This would help identify items like Noise Cancellation.

You can use http://www.compulsivecode.com/Project_AsBuiltCompare.aspx to identify ABT file differences. May help us ID several possible changes.

Explorer ST Posts