Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford's hotted-up 2020 Explorer ST is a bargain in today's world of super-sport-brutes

Reactions
It is a bargain. We looked over some BMW x7 this past week priced at 85k and was very disappointed with the lacking HP, and of the three on that lot, none had ventilated seats. They did have some gimmicky stuff that we felt to be quite useless. They came down 5k on price but we still lost interest.

20 Red ST

Reactions
They got a little confused on the ST's engine specs....

What does ST 4WD come with?
reload the page with a new trim XLT 4WD - $45,809 Limited 4WD - $51,059 Timberline 4WD - $51,059 ST Line 4WD - $51,059 Limited HEV 4WD - $54,059 ST 4WD - $59,959 Platinum 4WD - $65,909
Tell me more about it
General Information & Overview
Engine Detail Gasoline: 3.0L V-6Maximum Power 494 hp @ 5500 rpmMaximum Torque 630 lb-ft @ 3500 rpmTransmission 10-Speed AutomaticDrive Wheels AWDCargo Space Range 2376 - 1356 L (83.9 - 47.9 ft³)Towing / Payload 2540 kg (5600 lbs)Wheel Size 20-inch AlloyInfotainment System 8.0-inch display screen, Apple CarPlay, Android AutoComprehensive Warranty 36 Months / 60000 kmPowertrain Warranty 60 Months / 100000 kmRoadside Warranty 60 Months / 100000 kmBattery Warranty -Paint Warranty 36 Months / 60000 kmCorrosion Warranty 60 Months / Unlimited km

Reactions
It is a bargain. We looked over some BMW x7 this past week priced at 85k and was very disappointed with the lacking HP, and of the three on that lot, none had ventilated seats. They did have some gimmicky stuff that we felt to be quite useless. They came down 5k on price but we still lost interest.
The x7 is the better suv however the 40i is underpowered and is similar to how the xlt gets the 2.3L engine.

The x7 is definitely roomier
X7 has better fit and finish
Explorer = better bang for buck

The Germans make everything a package and for that reason I prefer how the Americans or even Japanese try to minimize packages and its more trim based than package based.

The x7 m50 is equivalent to what modded Explorer st's do.

The explorer has better cooled seats but the x7 has better massaging seats (when equipped)

Driving wise the x7 has different modes that can control suspension as opposed to the st that is one mode all the time, the explorer is smaller and may handle a bit better depending on situations.

The x7 is basically a tweener, it's bigger than the explorer but smaller than the expedition.

Bmw's tech is far above ford's, the sync 3 is slow and at times frustrating, meanwhile idrive 7 is smooth as butter. The x7 has heads up display and the explorer does not.
The x7's camera system is leaps and bounds ahead of Fords system. The x7 has all 3 rows heated and a separate moonroof for the 3rd row. Heated/cooled cup holders are a nice touch as is the overall interior and fit and finish.

Overall if money were no object the x7 m50i is a better car in every way and even has piggyback tunes for the v8 because bmw has this same motor in the m550,750,850, etc etc.

But because money does not grow on trees the explorer st offers most of the performance of the m50i, every major tech feature although they may be buggy, and a more sporty finish than the m50i at near half the cost.

X7 m50i's well equipped are 107-115k
Explorer st max is about 58-60k

Frankly the vehicles aren't even in the same class, luxury vs sport.

Reactions
The x7 is the better suv however the 40i is underpowered and is similar to how the xlt gets the 2.3L engine.

The x7 is definitely roomier
X7 has better fit and finish
Explorer = better bang for buck

The Germans make everything a package and for that reason I prefer how the Americans or even Japanese try to minimize packages and its more trim based than package based.

The x7 m50 is equivalent to what modded Explorer st's do.

The explorer has better cooled seats but the x7 has better massaging seats (when equipped)

Driving wise the x7 has different modes that can control suspension as opposed to the st that is one mode all the time, the explorer is smaller and may handle a bit better depending on situations.

The x7 is basically a tweener, it's bigger than the explorer but smaller than the expedition.

Bmw's tech is far above ford's, the sync 3 is slow and at times frustrating, meanwhile idrive 7 is smooth as butter. The x7 has heads up display and the explorer does not.
The x7's camera system is leaps and bounds ahead of Fords system. The x7 has all 3 rows heated and a separate moonroof for the 3rd row. Heated/cooled cup holders are a nice touch as is the overall interior and fit and finish.

Overall if money were no object the x7 m50i is a better car in every way and even has piggyback tunes for the v8 because bmw has this same motor in the m550,750,850, etc etc.

But because money does not grow on trees the explorer st offers most of the performance of the m50i, every major tech feature although they may be buggy, and a more sporty finish than the m50i at near half the cost.

X7 m50i's well equipped are 107-115k
Explorer st max is about 58-60k

Frankly the vehicles aren't even in the same class, luxury vs sport.
I want an X7 M50 now thank you very much.