Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Performance Tune

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Keep the great FP tune reviews coming in!

You're securely shutting the mouths of all the uninformed whiners, and that's great to see.:ROFLMAO:(y)
I just have one simple question…. Seriously, what is your problem?? You have a hard on for anybody that disagrees with you. Give it a rest, it got old months ago. Nobody wants to hear your diatribe insulting the community. Grow up will you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I just have one simple question…. Seriously, what is your problem?? You have a hard on for anybody that disagrees with you. Give it a rest, it got old months ago. Nobody wants to hear your diatribe insulting the community. Grow up will you?

Oh you’re definitely getting blocked. lol

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Keep the great FP tune reviews coming in!

You're securely shutting the mouths of all the uninformed whiners, and that's great to see.:ROFLMAO:(y)
The "uNiFoRmEd wHiNeRs" have just been posting that this FP tune is inferior to a proper tune like ZFG. Regardless of whether people are happy with the FP tune or not, it is a fact that it's inferior to ZFG. No one has yet to test the warranty implications of the FP tune (and it's not like ZFG tunes are popping motors left and right) but all it does is technically maintain your existing warranty; it doesn't give some magic new warranty. If you like that to give you the warm and fuzzies, great. If you want a quick car, looks like ZFG is the way to go.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
The "uNiFoRmEd wHiNeRs" have just been posting that this FP tune is inferior to a proper tune like ZFG. Regardless of whether people are happy with the FP tune or not, it is a fact that it's inferior to ZFG. No one has yet to test the warranty implications of the FP tune (and it's not like ZFG tunes are popping motors left and right) but all it does is technically maintain your existing warranty; it doesn't give some magic new warranty. If you like that to give you the warm and fuzzies, great. If you want a quick car, looks like ZFG is the way to go.
It doesn’t “technically” maintain your warranty, it does maintain your warranty. Any reason a dealer feels the tune contributed to something going wrong, that’s when the additional warranty from FP tune comes into play.

I highly doubt anyone would have issues with either tune. It’s all personal preference. For me, the explorer 6th isn’t bulletproof. While I am nearly fully confident a Zfg wouldn’t do anything to my ST, I’m afraid fords sometimes questionable designs and build quality can cause an issue. For that, I feel I’d have a lot less battles fighting something with the dealer if I was running a ford built tune. I would hope at least. That comes with some mental comfort.

Again, no one is buying the FP tune for a quick car and to run special numbers. We knows it’s not Zfg. Like the current users of the tune said, it makes a fun car more fun. Like I know I’m not gonna throw down head turning numbers with the FP tune.

Thanks for all the input from users. I remain torn on what to do but I’m glad you guys are loving it!

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions

He can't grow up, he's a 17 year old living in the basement whose relative is a fireman (maybe). He's a wannabe looking at a relative's ST and playing make believe. There is not a post he makes that makes me think that this is a mature person with a responsible job that entails taking care of the safety of others. Not to mention most mature people aren't so thin-skinned that they can't take any criticism, nor do they buy into "cancel culture".

But @Cruising68 as @UNBROKEN posted, you are definitely getting canceled! Consider it a badge of honor.

dolsen

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Good lord, there's so many fucking babies on here, on both sides of the debate. Buy the tune you want and shut the **** up about it.

I'm all for providing fact based data (this tune maintains a warranty, or this tune produces more power), but all of this "my tune is better" bullshit is really annoying. Who cares what other people do with their own money. This isn't sports, or worse, politics, this is automotive, be better people.This is getting as bad as the Mustang forums.

Reactions
A lot of people have WAY too much faith in the Guarantee Fairy..... Skip to 1:31 for the short and sweet version

Still not impressed with the FP Tune considering the ridiculous price point and the extreme limitations of the ProCal4/uCal/MyCalibrator tuning device.

Last edited:
Reactions
It doesn’t “technically” maintain your warranty, it does maintain your warranty. Any reason a dealer feels the tune contributed to something going wrong, that’s when the additional warranty from FP tune comes into play.

I highly doubt anyone would have issues with either tune. It’s all personal preference. For me, the explorer 6th isn’t bulletproof. While I am nearly fully confident a Zfg wouldn’t do anything to my ST, I’m afraid fords sometimes questionable designs and build quality can cause an issue. For that, I feel I’d have a lot less battles fighting something with the dealer if I was running a ford built tune. I would hope at least. That comes with some mental comfort.

Again, no one is buying the FP tune for a quick car and to run special numbers. We knows it’s not Zfg. Like the current users of the tune said, it makes a fun car more fun. Like I know I’m not gonna throw down head turning numbers with the FP tune.

Thanks for all the input from users. I remain torn on what to do but I’m glad you guys are loving it!
Only issue I can see with the FP warranty, if there's an issue with the powertrain past the 36k warranty BUT in between the powertrain warranty, Ford will 100% know you had/have the FP tune and more than likely deny it for bogus reason.

I have seen a post of someone going thru an issue with the 5.0 with the FP tune, was getting the infamous low compression cyl. on the Coyote's. Ford was going back and forth with FP on who's fault it was, took months before it got settled.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Only issue I can see with the FP warranty, if there's an issue with the powertrain past the 36k warranty BUT in between the powertrain warranty, Ford will 100% know you had/have the FP tune and more than likely deny it for bogus reason.

I have seen a post of someone going thru an issue with the 5.0 with the FP tune, was getting the infamous low compression cyl. on the Coyote's. Ford was going back and forth with FP on who's fault it was, took months before it got settled.
Yeah for sure. What happens after that is debatable and who knows. I would think though, my fight to get something covered would be less of an issue with a FP tune vs a true aftermarket tune. I can’t say for sure though and it’s still a gamble.

Reactions
A lot of people have WAY too much faith in the Guarantee Fairy..... Skip to 1:31 for the short and sweet version

Still not impressed with the FP Tune considering the ridiculous price point and the extreme limitations of the ProCal4/uCal/MyCalibrator tuning device.
Then don't buy it and move on in life.

Sgt1411

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Loaded the FP tune today but unfortunately I had filled up day before with 87.......regardless still a significant improvement in acceleration out of the hole, entering onto Freeway big difference, especially shifting. Apparently the calibration to cover spark across all octanes plus shift points. You just notice the biggest improvement with Premium. Waiting to burn through this tank and load up with Chevron 94, might need Line of Credit to pay for tank of Premium right now!

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Loaded the FP tune today but unfortunately I had filled up day before with 87.......regardless still a significant improvement in acceleration out of the hole, entering onto Freeway big difference, especially shifting. Apparently the calibration to cover spark across all octanes plus shift points. You just notice the biggest improvement with Premium. Waiting to burn through this tank and load up with Chevron 94, might need Line of Credit to pay for tank of Premium right now!
Good to hear! It’s interesting about the 87 octane part. The FP team swore I should only run premium. Which very well may be true. But I’m guess the tune and computer still has the ability to dial things back. Keep us updated once you run through some premium.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Good to hear! It’s interesting about the 87 octane part. The FP team swore I should only run premium. Which very well may be true. But I’m guess the tune and computer still has the ability to dial things back. Keep us updated once you run through some premium.
I literally said exactly that and everyone said I was nuts. lol

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I literally said exactly that and everyone said I was nuts. lol
Lol I know but this is what I was going off of. Ignore my rant about the warranty in the second picture. I understand now. But read what the representative said about the octane.

Attachments

Reactions
It would be nice for someone to log with an SCT device or a HPT device with the FP tune loaded up and running 87. You would know pretty quick. I totally get that not many have multiple tuners.

Sgt1411

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
It would be nice for someone to log with an SCT device or a HPT device with the FP tune loaded up and running 87. You would know pretty quick. I totally get that not many have multiple tuners.

Lol I know but this is what I was going off of. Ignore my rant about the warranty in the second picture. I understand now. But read what the representative said about the octane.

I have access to some of the Engineers, that's how I got my info so I will dig deeper into this and find what's really accurate.

Sgt1411

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Forgive me if this was already mentioned in this thread but did anyone else notice after loading the new FP calibration it also included the software that auto activates the Parking Brake at every "P" selection?........this is driving me nuts after 1 day. You dont need a parking brake on a flat surface only inclines.

Reactions
I have access to some of the Engineers, that's how I got my info so I will dig deeper into this and find what's really accurate.
Hopefully it’s some of the ones remaining after last weeks lay offs. Genuinely curious what you find though.

If anyone happens to be in the Calgary area, I can grab a read of the file and see if it’s protected or not. Or, data log and get the broader group some info.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
yeah definitely keep us updated! Very well could just be FP team being very conservative and playing it very safe by recommending only premium

Forgive me if this was already mentioned in this thread but did anyone else notice after loading the new FP calibration it also included the software that auto activates the Parking Brake at every "P" selection?........this is driving me nuts after 1 day. You dont need a parking brake on a flat surface only inclines.
Yeah someone else mentioned it somewhere. It’s the bolt recall. I will say, you get use to it very quickly. At least I did. You don’t need to hit the button to release. Just ease on the gas and it will auto release.

Explorer ST Posts