Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Performance skid plate kit

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Just called because my skid plate order was cancelled today. Ford parts said we don't know why cancelled and no new info.

Ford Performance says new date is March 29 "for them to be available" Essshhhh

StarWhite22

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I ended up getting mine cancelled. It was a hassle with ford and I was pretty frustrated but it all worked out in the end and they finally cancelled it a couple weeks ago. They said it was unacceptable multiple times but it took multiple supervisors to cancel it. They gave no update as to a date either when it would come in stock or be shipped. I was tired of getting hit with the charge every few days.

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I called last week and received the same response as everyone else, backorder and don't know when it will ship.

OP
jrgoffin
Reactions
Thread Starter #44
They are still shipping. My order from October arrived a couple weeks ago. Getting mad and cancelling means you get nothing.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I just got mine last friday - ordered during BF sale from Lethal

Reactions
I just called Ford again.... My order was placed on 10/30, fulfilled, and then lost. Like others have said, they apologized and said to call back in a week if I don't hear anything from them. They tell me my credit card wouldn't have been charged, and the status wouldn't have updated to fulfilled if the part wasn't available. They just aren't sure.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
Well, called Ford Accessories yesterday for the bi-weekly follow-up. Seems the order was cancelled last week and my Ford points and credit card charge was reversed. Not a peep from anyone at Ford, not even an email, that the order was cancelled. They told me to order it from the dealer.... Lesson learned, I will never order anything from them again...nutz

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Just checked the order status online and mine was cancelled also, without notice. Oh well, at least Ford is being consistent with shitty customer service.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Same happened to me. Order cancelled, points refunded, no contact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
My original order from Ford Perf. back in late Oct. was canceled without notice towards end of Nov. I ordered from a dealer in Dec. I followed up with them a couple weeks ago on status. They said that Ford Perf had some issue with the shipping package 'configuration' which had to be redone and caused the backlog, but this has been resolved so should be arriving soon. Time will tell.

OP
jrgoffin
Reactions
Thread Starter #50
There’s also an OE part number on the plate: L1MZ-78001A08-D. Another option is to just purchase it (and the hardware) through a local dealer. Will be more expensive than this kit, but beggars can’t be choosers.

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 explorer ST
Anyone know what the transmission pan clearance looks like, I have a PPE pan and it’s about a quart in lower than the oem pan due to the cooling fins should the skidplate still fit?

Explorer ST Posts