Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Performance skid plate kit

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Anyone know of another vendor that has them?

I looked at Lethal but they want an extra $50 for shipping. My local Ford dealer says they can get it but I haven't confirmed it is the right one.

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Just called Ford about the order status and they said that they are escalating it, whatever that means. Will report back with any updates.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Just called Ford about the order status and they said that they are escalating it, whatever that means. Will report back with any updates.
Heard that 3 times and crickets each time... hopefully they will get back to you!

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I talked to a lady today who called me back after investigating to tell me they were on backorder and expected to ship by December 15.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Thanks for that info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
I talked to a lady today who called me back after investigating to tell me they were on backorder and expected to ship by December 15.
Thanks! I've called twice and still haven't gotten an answer from Ford.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
2x 2023 Explorer STs
Ran into the same thing with my local dealership... ordered it, no one can find it or give me a status update, dealer escalated it, finally notified its on backorder and they are quoting mid-Jan for delivery

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I'll just ask this...... anyone concerned about the big square hole in the plate, its just asking for something to enter and bounce around.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I’m not. Reasonably small hole IMO. Plenty of other places to catch stuff like those huge tunnels towards the back. More concerned about a raccoon making a home there than I am about the hole in the skid plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StarWhite22

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
So I called ford after receiving no update. Woman I spoke with could not find any status update or information on the part. I advised her I was frustrated because the charge keeps popping up on my account as pending and having the money come out then goes away ever 2-3 days. I said I wanted to cancel the order. She said it’s physically impossible for them to cancel an order unless it is done within an hour of placing the initial order. Absolutely ridiculous.

Charge just popped up again. Going to call Monday and ask for some sort of resolution.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I called again last week to confirm my cancellation and was told the same thing (can’t be cancelled.) Asked why they told me it will be cancelled… uhhh dunno. So still waiting. Last word from them was they should be shipping from Ford Performance to them around Dec 15 then within a week to us. I guess we’ll see.

RCST

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I’ve got one new in the box I’m not using if you’re in the PNW near Seattle.

StarWhite22

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Well got hit with the charge again on my card last week but no info on the product shipping or status update.
Called ford again today and the lady was super nice and apologetic. She said it was unacceptable that this isn’t resolved either via cancellation or a product update. She had no info on them receiving anything or a product status. She was going to send to her supervisor to try and get it cancelled. She said I should hear something in the next 48-72 hours. I’ll keep you updated if I hear or see anything.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Talked to Parts at my dealership a moment ago after talking to Ford call center earlier. Nobody knows where it is LOL. Parts says corporate doesn't know if they sent it. Corp says it should have been received and scanned by Parts by now.

These guys are not ready for the modern shopper my god.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Just talked to Ford Performance. They said first order was damaged (as we heard) and second order is still back ordered. Tentative new date for shipping to us is now Jan 12.

He knew exactly the part I was looking for (apparently a topic of conversation at Ford) and was very apologetic but didn't want to send out damaged product, especially on the first batch.

... and so we wait...

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I ordered from Lethal early November. Still nothing received. Last update from them on 12/1 was they were gonna start shipping on 12/15

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Just got an update from Lethal and plate is pushed back to 1-12-24 shipping.

Reactions
I just called Ford again.... My order was placed on 10/30, fulfilled, and then lost. Like others have said, they apologized and said to call back in a week if I don't hear anything from them. They tell me my credit card wouldn't have been charged, and the status wouldn't have updated to fulfilled if the part wasn't available. They just aren't sure.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I keep getting those pending charges pop every week.

StarWhite22

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Same. Going to try and call again tomorrow. It’s super annoying and ridiculous. Nothing was resolved from my other call and it going to a “supervisor”