Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Performance Parts for 2020 Explorer ST

KegsBdry

Reactions
Just got off chat with Ford Performance parts....

Kyle (from Ford Performance) states the only part coming out in the next year is a Tune.

Due to the COVID-19, it's going to be delayed till 2021. But that means more HP & Torque...eventually.

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
This would be a performance tune. I’ve seen 3rd parties getting another 100HP & 165 ft-lbs!

Anything from Ford Performance does not void the warranty.

Reactions
Great news, I wonder what tuner they'll be using or if they plan on doing something with Mountune.

Reactions
That is technically true if the tune will be based on the ProCal. Additionally, and if I recall correctly, the tune and anything associated with it has to be "installed" by a Ford dealer. Still not a bad way to go, and from conversations I've had with friends at FP, also looking forward to it in '21.

Sean R.

Reactions
Ford performance parts and pro cal tunes keep the factory warrenty as long as they are installed by a Ford tech or asc service tech. I have had a few differant parts installed on my 2016 GT convertable, first was the pp2 kit and tune, then the Ford loaded 3.55 rear end and finally the Ford racing super charger kit and tune. Each time done my a Ford tech and each time the warrenty has been kept in check. Best way to go and mod a car and keep it safe...

Jwbreeding

Active Duty U.S. Air Force
Reactions
Damn COVID delaying everything. Excited to see this tune and the gains!

Symetry

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Sounds good , I'm wondering if it will be like most mfg items.....SPENSIVE.

Jim

Sean R.

Reactions
Sounds good , I'm wondering if it will be like most mfg items.....SPENSIVE.

Jim
Well the pp2 kit for my 5.0, which was the gt350 cold air intake, gt350 throttle body and the pro cal tune was 699...not bad for kit that has all 3 parts and keeps the warrenty. Even the for racing supercharger kit, was 7500 and that had everything you needed to bolt a Whipple to the 5.0, everything, including a good tune for the pro cal.

Symetry

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
$699 for all 3 not as bad as I thought it would be.
Thanks.

Jim

Reactions
Agreed, Jim. I just want to see the tune released!!

Reactions
I would definately go Ford Performance as well just for warranty alone. Thank You for the information, Ty

Reactions
Have heard very good things about the 5star warranty as well. It's $1,000 to add a 6-year powertrain cover, but the F-150 forum users who had to use the warranty said that 5star's warranty provider was very easy to work with.

BooSTed

Reactions
This would be a performance tune. I’ve seen 3rd parties getting another 100HP & 165 ft-lbs!

Definitely will order this! Keep an update coming!

Scrappyzz2

Reactions
Hey, does anybody know if Ford is going to be putting out a tune for the Ford Explorer ST? They have not put out any performance parts whatsoever, and you figure now with everything in the mid to dying down stage of the (mess everyone’s year up Demic), things would start coming out. Anybody hear anything?

Ryan613

Reactions
I reached out to Ford performance in December and asked about a tune available in 2021. Reply from the info center supervisor:

“We do not have a performance tune for Ford Explorer ST. We are constantly adding new items and tunes though so I would check our website (https://performanceparts.ford.com/) periodically for the addition of new items like tunes.”

Scrappyzz2

Reactions
I reached out to Ford performance in December and asked about a tune available in 2021. Reply from the info center supervisor:

“We do not have a performance tune for Ford Explorer ST. We are constantly adding new items and tunes though so I would check our website (https://performanceparts.ford.com/) periodically for the addition of new items like tunes.”
I appreciate it man thank you

Reactions
Anyone have any insider news on this?
Is the tune coming out this year still?

Reactions
No idea.. got the whipple, steeda springs stablizer, and exsaust done.. just waiting